Need a new A/C

1,313 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 88agswin
AGS749901
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need to replace my heating and cooling system. For th a/c I'm looking at either a RUUD or American Standard brand, but not sure which one to go with. Looking for recommendations and pros/cons.
It will be a 5 ton 16seer unit. Thanks in advance.
Copp
Most will tell you it has more to do with quality of install than it does brand. You can get 2 sage compressors, variable speed fans, etc to make the unit a little more efficient at keeping the house at a comfortable temp. Also wise to have manual calcs done to determine size of unit needed. It takes iinto effect insulation, windows, etc regarding heat loss in the home. Focus more on installer. American standard and ruud are good brands
AGS749901
Thanks copp. Did all that. Was just wondering about quality of the 2 brands.
Aggietaco
AG
Assuming you have pricing from companies in your area that rep both, costs is similar, and the warranties (installation and equipment is similar), it's just a personal preference. I believe both offer quality equipment.
jmh3209
AG
Location? If in DFW I can get you some names of Rheem dealers. RUUD/ Rheem are basically same product. I do agree though quality of install with any system is huge.
VAXMaster
AG
American Standard is rated most reliable by Consumer Reports every year. I would go with their 18 SEER variable speed compressor. Well worth it for the better humidity control, more consistent temp, and lower operating costs.
AGS749901
Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning towards the American Standard. It does cost more though.
88agswin
AG
What city are you in? If in Houston area then I can get you a quote.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.