Outdoor Living/Patio Recommendations (DFW)

1,741 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tandrus
tandrus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Hi All-
Posted this in the Metroplex board with no response. Hoping someone here might have recommendations...My wife and I are looking to extend our back patio and cover it with it tying into our existing roof/shingle. Additional features we've looked at are a built in grill and drop down for a BGE (~8-10' of counter with grill included) and a fireplace with TV mount/wiring. We've had 3 quotes - two at/above $50K and another ~$33K. I was honestly expecting $15-25K so I've been shocked at the pricing. Is this related to the surge in demand? Does anyone have any recommendations for a different contractor?
greenman99
AG
How big is the area and where are you located
tandrus
AG
We are looking to do something 16'x16' to 18'x20'. Our quotes have been on the larger 18'x20' but we're open to go smaller. Live in Roanoke, TX.
ktownag08
AG
I'd make sure that the quote for 33k includes everything you think it should if going that route.

My buddy got an extension smaller than that plus grill, hardwood look concrete in Houston and it was over 35k. Most he said we're over 45. So it's the right ballpark.
tandrus
AG
Got it... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it on a 5-6 home. $50K would be close to 13% the price of our home. We paid $126 sq ft for the home... This would be ~$139 sq ft for the addition.
MarleyFeed97
AG
I response to your xpost before seeeig this one. I used Just Grillin in Keller and was happy but it was a much smaller job than what u have in mind. I'm sure they could do it but don't have an applicable price to compare to. U might check Outdoor Living Pool and Pario out of Denton
-MarleyFeed97
MCaggie02
Used Outdoor Living Pool and Patio built our patio cover and outdoor kitchen similar to what you're discussing and did a heck of a job. We had a really tricky roof tie-in that they engineered the heck out of. The cover was about 15x35 and the kitchen was 12'long with grill, fridge, sink and icemaker, and the whole project was $32k I believe (not including appliances).
alabamaaggie12
AG
We added a covered porch extension with cypress timber framing, and instead of tying into the existing covered porch, our contractor made it so that the hip-roofed extension basically almost butted up against it. It's slightly taller, so the side of the addition closest to the house drains into the existing gutter. It works very well as long as we don't let the gutter get too full of leaves, etc.
TexasAggie_97
AG
MCaggie02 said:

Used Outdoor Living Pool and Patio built our patio cover and outdoor kitchen similar to what you're discussing and did a heck of a job. We had a really tricky roof tie-in that they engineered the heck out of. The cover was about 15x35 and the kitchen was 12'long with grill, fridge, sink and icemaker, and the whole project was $32k I believe (not including appliances).
I used them too and they did a great job.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I'd like to know who quoted you $50K. We live near you and I won't bother contacting those guys when I'm asking for quotes for a similar project next spring.
tandrus
AG
Had a couple more come in around $32-35K now. I just came Outdoor Living Pool and Patio a ring.

Thomas Ford 91 - If you shoot me an email taylorwandrus (at) gmail, I will let you know who quoted us high.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.