backyard patio

2,805 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 2ndChanceAg96
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wife and I are wanting to put in a patio on the back porch. Currently we have nothing. its literally back door to yard. I am thinking something 10x15. I am just curious if anyone can give me a general idea of what I might pay for pavers, or just simple concrete? Or maybe brick?

Would lumber(deck) be cheaper?

Just looking for a starting point. Thanks
Shipwrecker
AG
We extended our concrete patio last weekend by approx 460 sf, cost was right at $11/sf.

Design wasn't too elaborate, mostly rectangular with some curves and a peninsula for the smoker pit. 3000 psi concrete poured 4" over a base of caliche, reinforced with #4 rebar at 12" on center. Very light broom finish.

Had three other estimates all between $12-$13/sf. SA area.
JP76
Depends on location and logistics
But for that small anywhere from 10-15 sq ft for concrete patio
If you wait until the fall/winter when things slow down from rain you can get it done cheaper than right now.

sleepybeagle
AG
I've vote first for the pavers as they always look nice. My second vote, if I were allowed two or I cheated and voted for a dead guy or something would be for the concrete as it's so easy to maintain.

The awesomeness of the pavers caused one chair to pass out.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Last year we tore our pavers out and poured a 650 sf patio. The pavers were old and faded and had been put in by the previous owner in an odd shape. We pulled them out ourselves and had a concrete crew come in and do the concrete which was $4500. It was tough as hell to find anyone to do such a small job bc of how busy all the trades are here. We got lucky bc a friend works as a home builder and had one of his crews come over and do it. I like the concrete better than the pavers bc it's a heck of a lot cooler to walk on and I don't have to round up the weeds that come through the cracks we had between pavers.
Aggietaco
AG
Check your local impervious cover codes before you do anything if you have any improvements planned down the road that require an inspection.

Having said that, I lean towards pavers or stone over concrete, but they are both more expensive than concrete. A wood deck will be the least expensive but will require the most maintenance.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
What about crushed granite?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.