Riding lawnmower recs?

2,619 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ctxaggie
Old Jock 1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've just moved into a home on just under 2 acres. Any recommendations on a riding mower that you've been happy with?
Long Live Sully
AG
I love my Scag. Ten years old and runs like a champ. For two acres you have enough to justify the expense of a wide deck.
JP76
I've been mowing 2 acres with this for the past 3 months

https://m.lowes.com/pd/John-Deere-Z335E-20-HP-V-Twin-Dual-Hydrostatic-42-in-Zero-Turn-Lawn-Mower/1000172203

Takes between 1.5-2 hours but there are a lot of obstacles, trees, and 400 ft of drainage ditch.
I stayed on the smaller side due to obstacles and the drainage ditch.

You can catch it on sale for $2250.

Matt_s
AG
Hey Jock,

Where are you located? I'm a Deere rep in Katy, so if you're thinking Green and Yellow let me know (email in profile).
Old Jock 1997
AG
I am in San Antonio
Martin Q. Blank
Zero turn. Best decks are Scag Velocity II and JD 7 Iron. You can find them used on tractorhouse.com. Scags are hard to find in good condition. Most inventory Z510/520, Z710/720. Avoid Z810/820 unless recall was done.
sleepybeagle
AG
Ctxaggie
AG
I mow my 2.5 acres with a Cub Cadet 60" zero turn from Tractor Supply. They usually go on sale a couple times a year for $3599 (reg price $3999). Has 3 year warranty and upgraded transmission axles that you can service, which is a feature typically found on entry level models from the high end mowers (Scag, Bad Boy, etc). I made the mistake of purchasing a 48" traditional riding mower, but it took 4.5 hours to mow everything. My zero turn takes an hour and 15 mins.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.