Refrigerator water shut off value

2,536 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgEngineer72
Charlie Delta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
*Meant to say valve in title

I can't seem to locate my refrigerator water shut off valve. I checked under the kitchen sink and in the cabinet next to my refrigerator.

There is a water arrestor where the water line goes into the wall. See pic.

There's a little switch thing on the arrestor, but no matter which way I turn it, the water does not turn off. Is that thing supposed to be a water valve? Or could it be defective?
Gary79Ag
AG
That lever on the top right side should be a shut off valve so it must be defective...
Charlie Delta
Gary79Ag said:

That lever on the top right side should be a shut off valve so it must be defective...

Do you know which position is supposed to be "off" on that type of valve? It seems like it is a 1/4 turn valve. So would it be "on" if the lever is parallel with the arrestor?
The Fife
That is the shutoff, but remember the line will still be pressurized until you do something like fill a glass or two of water from the fridge. In the picture it looks like it's on.
akaggie05
AG
Nm
Charlie Delta
The Fife said:

That is the shutoff, but remember the line will still be pressurized until you do something like fill a glass or two of water from the fridge. In the picture it looks like it's on.

I thought I tried several glasses and the water never stopped. I'll check again.
AgEngineer72
AG
Are you sure that's a quarter turn valve? I would fully expect you to have to turn the handle all the way up, or a full half turn. I don't think it's closed completely with a quarter turn (handle straight out).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.