I need a new trimmer - opinions?

1,225 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by V8Aggie
aggie_wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My echo bit the dust last week, I'm looking to replace it.

Having a hard look at either a 4 stroke or electric trimmer, but I'm wanting more opinions before I buy. Anybody gone away from the 2-stroke and been happy? Anybody gone away and regretted It?

Cross-posted from outdoor board.
Potcake
AG
I bought a Stihl 2-cycle last year and love it.
Gary79Ag
AG
Bought a Toro 4-cycle with multiple attachment options and love it. No more mising fuel and having 2 cans to mess with. Loved the Toro weedeater so much that I even went out a bought a Toro 4-cycle blower. Yeah, could have just bought the blower attachment but it's too bulky for all of my yard blowing needs and you'd agree if you saw the back yard, etc.
DeLaHonta
AG
EGO 15 in. 56-Volt String Trimmer

I've owned this for two years, and I am very happy with it. I love never having to deal with gas, oil, and other maintenance, and it is silent, other than the noise the string makes spinning around. If you want to go electric, this is the only model you should consider.
aggie_wes
AG
That one and the echo are there only ones on my list for electric.

Im a little weary of how long the batteries will hold up. Replacement batteries aren't cheap.
AggBoy95
AG
I recently purchased the 80v Kobalt and have been pleased with it so far...
ftworthag02
AG
My company runs all stihl weedeater, edgers, and backpack blowers 55-60hrs per week and they continue to impress.
akaggie05
AG
I'd avoid 4-cycle in handheld. The weight/power ratio isn't as good as 2-cycle, plus the added complexity. 4-cycle handheld equipment is a solution looking for a manufactured problem (CARB and EPA pollution regs).
V8Aggie
AG
Potcake said:

I bought a Stihl 2-cycle last year and love it.

This
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.