Complete Home Renovation

2,337 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
PTXaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I purchase a home in the DFW area last May, with the intention of renovating the entire thing before moving in. We moved into a crappy temporary apartment, and then got to work. It has been a combination of my sweat and some amazing (and not so amazing) contractors.

We both have day jobs related to real estate and construction, and this is our second house to renovate before moving in.

Here are some progress photos

The house is single story 2400 sf structure built in 1979. 4 beds, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, with a swimming pool. We actually converted the very small dining room into an office, and made the 1st living area a combination dining/formal living area. The second living area will be our den and wetbar area.

We have movers scheduled on Agust 4th, and we are on schedule to meet that deadline.

A non-inclusive list of on-going projects:

-Scrape popcorn ceilings
-Retexture entire house
-Paint entire house
-New engineered wood floors
-New Baseboards
-New Bathroom Vanities
-Install massive shower in master bath
-New countertops
-New appliances
-New Lighting
-New switches, outlets, etc

PTXaggie08
AG

p_bubel
Having a dip in the pool after a long day of working on the house is hugely rewarding.
PTXaggie08
AG
Yeah, I actually haven't been in the pool yet. I seem to work late into the night, then it's back to the apartment to rest. But I'm VERY excited about having my own pool. I've been spending a lot of time learning about the BBB method and it's keeping my pool looking amazing.
Birddog
AG
Looking good, keep posting updates.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Love the built-ins in the living room. Great job all around.
histag10
AG
It looks great! You have given me a bit of motivation to finish mine, which now apparently has to be done in like 3 weeks, so we are not going as big.

And I don't get to enjoy my finished house . But on an exciting note, it looks like i may be back in Texas in a month or two.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Why aren't you living in it while you renovate? Just curious.
PTXaggie08
AG
The house hasn't really been livable. I installed the first toilet last night, and there aren't any floors. Wood floors should start next week.

And thanks for the encouragement... it's been a long 3 months. Finally getting close to the finish line.
PTXaggie08
AG
Did not get as much done this weekend as I would have liked, but my goal was to finish the half bath. I think it looks great.

We went with the Toto Drake II toilets, and Im probably a little too excited about how well they flush.

The Fife
Might end up needing to disconnect the toilet supply line to squeeze the baseboard behind the toilet. Ask me how I know...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.