Outdoor ceiling fan

11,423 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Potcake
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fans rotate CCW in summer and CW in winter.
stardustag
AG
pablof said:

Haven't seen it brought up yet, but I see lots of ceiling fans hung with the switch set to reverse, (counter clockwise). Check that!
Did that several times already... definitely not it! Just lame fans as it turns out... need to spend more money to get better fans
Wife is an Aggie
If you want a powerful outdoor fan you are going to have to fork up a lot more than $50. I like Emerson fans.
AggieHusker
AG
Recently put in these two fans in my outdoor patio:

Fanimation - Levon - Had to do the 52" blades to fit the area

Fanimation - Odyn - Has 84" blades

The Levon has higher RPM than the Odyn, but both have high CFM.

If I were doing it again, I'd probably skip the Odyn and buy another Levon with the 72" blades. Although the website doesn't list what the CFM would be on the Levon with 72" blades.

That said, you can definitely feel more airflow from that the fan nearest the house (the 52" blades) compared to the 84" fan that is in the open area of the patio.

Aggie1
AG
https://sweets.construction.com/Manufacturer/Big-Ass-Solutions-NST153327/Products/Powerfoil-X3-0-Industrial-Ceiling-Fan-NST340660-P?utm_source=newsletter&WT.mc_id=Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Picard
AG
Aggie1 said:

https://sweets.construction.com/Manufacturer/Big-Ass-Solutions-NST153327/Products/Powerfoil-X3-0-Industrial-Ceiling-Fan-NST340660-P?utm_source=newsletter&WT.mc_id=Newsletter&utm_medium=email

My man!
AgFB
AG
Big Ass Fans
62strat
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Fans rotate CCW in summer and CW in winter.
what about in the southern hemisphere?

Actually, the fans rotate which ever way you set them to.
stardustag
AG
12th Man Ag said:

We just bought these at Lowe's last week and will have them installed on Monday. Close to 9000 cfm. Hoping they do the job. We have 4 going into a new outdoor patio.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fanimation-Studio-Collection-Covert-64-in-Dark-Bronze-Downrod-Mount-Indoor-Outdoor-Ceiling-Fan-with-Integrated-Light-Kit-and-Remote-ENERGY-STAR/1000002270

A little update on our situation. We ended up buying two of these Fanimation Covert 64" fans. First fan went up and everything was good... we could actually feel the breeze... not perfect, but we can feel it. Second fan went up, light works, but fan would not spin. Wife talked to the customer support and they decided to send us a new motor control. I put the new part in and the fan still won't spin. Wife is going to call customer support again... and if nothing come out of it, we will need to return for another fan somehow....
12th Man Ag
AG
stardustag said:

12th Man Ag said:

We just bought these at Lowe's last week and will have them installed on Monday. Close to 9000 cfm. Hoping they do the job. We have 4 going into a new outdoor patio.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fanimation-Studio-Collection-Covert-64-in-Dark-Bronze-Downrod-Mount-Indoor-Outdoor-Ceiling-Fan-with-Integrated-Light-Kit-and-Remote-ENERGY-STAR/1000002270

A little update on our situation. We ended up buying two of these Fanimation Covert 64" fans. First fan went up and everything was good... we could actually feel the breeze... not perfect, but we can feel it. Second fan went up, light works, but fan would not spin. Wife talked to the customer support and they decided to send us a new motor control. I put the new part in and the fan still won't spin. Wife is going to call customer support again... and if nothing come out of it, we will need to return for another fan somehow....

Just installed 4 of them last Friday. So far, so good. The air output is good, but not overwhelming. Time will tell if we have any issues like those described above.
ktownag08
AG
Have had 2 of the Minka Aire Simple fans installed for a couple weeks now. They really move some air! Even when it's been hot out, you can feel a breeze. Light on it is surprisingly bright as well.
Potcake
AG
AgFB said:

Big Ass Fans

Our back porch fan.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.