SWPPP

1,524 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmellba99
78669AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone ever filled out one of these? TCEQ said we can manage it (Don't have to hire a company and cost us 8grand) but the wording is super confusing
txagfisher
AG
What are you needing to fill out? A NOI?
sellthefarm
AG
If the project is large enough to require a general contractor then let them handle it. If this is a small project you're doing yourself I doubt you need swppp. Need more details.
txagfisher
AG
The need for SWPPP program is generally dictated by site size. Most SWPPP companies will prepare a NOI for under $1k.
78669AG
Building a house on acre lot and teavis county wants a swppp before issuing permit
AW 1880
AG
email me at jwooten18 at yahoo dot com.
sellthefarm
AG
Do you have a builder? If so they should do it and they shouldn't charge you. It should be part of their normal package. If they insist on charging you it should be less than $1k unless you're in some kind of environmental sensitive area like surrounded by wetlands or something. Call a SWPPP contractor directly if your builder is charging you too much?
Maverick06
AG
You don't need to file an NOI for 1 acre. I would assume they just want a plan written and followed. Not sure how this is county jurisdiction anyway.
water turkey
County is just ensuring that he is following state rule before issuing the county permit.

Very common.
schmellba99
AG
Under 1 acre does not require NOI. The acreage is calculated as "disturbed" acreage, so if the lot is an acre then you should be significantly under it.

Just do a plan showing your controls, log for daily monitoring, etc. Easy peasy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.