Termite-ish question

915 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tgivaughn
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any wood-eating insect that looks like a microscopic reddish-colored spider (like smaller than the head of a pin) in the larval stage? I found some damage to one of my baseboards, and when I bent down to look, I saw a whole bunch of those bugs crawling around on it. No pictures of termite larvae I found online looked anything at all like these things though, so...hopefully that's good?

notheranymore
I'm of no help but I can say I wont' sleep well tonight.
Aggie Rick
AG
Post a pic here
bcasey03
AG
Post a pic. I will share with entomologist friend.
Counterpoint
AG
I might need a special lens since these things are so small, but I will try! I sprayed the last bunch, so I will wait for more to pop up.
tgivaughn
AG
Sounds like Sugar Ants to me (if not termites) and once had our hummingbird feeders too close to the house, not knowing how badly these leak sugar water into the soil, attracting ants to house invasions.

Now inside the house, DIY + Terro ant products may not work or take months for affect, so now it's time to call a pro who knows how to probe, bait, then kill the eggs later. Direct sprays are not as effective as bait, some Phds claim on Garden Success, 90.9FM Thursdays Noon (free advice call in show). Give this radio show a call or email for more advice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.