Overlay on a pea gravel deck

6,127 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rlb28
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone done this or know of a product you can roll on or use to cover up the pea gravel? I don't want to completely tear up the deck, but I hate the pea gravel. I have googled until I'm tired and can't find anything. I think the cost to have a company come in and do it is way more than I want to spend.
aezmvp
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but couldn't you rent a compactor and then just do pavers over the top?
YellAg2004
AG
Pretty sure he's talking about an exposed aggregate finish to the concrete deck, not loose pea gravel.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Following. Having the same question
rlb28
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Pretty sure he's talking about an exposed aggregate finish to the concrete deck, not loose pea gravel.
correct. pea gravel cemented into the concrete. not loose.
helloag99
I had mine covered in cool deck at my old house by pool works in Houston. I don't know of a diy solution.
rlb28
AG
nimrodag99 said:

I had mine covered in cool deck at my old house by pool works in Houston. I don't know of a diy solution.
any idea of the cost? obviously the square footage will be different, but I just wonder was it outrageous?
helloag99
rlb28 said:

nimrodag99 said:

any idea of the cost? obviously the square footage will be different, but I just wonder was it outrageous?

It was like 10 years ago, but I seem to remember something like $3/SF. Call them! Cost will go +$10/SF if you have to replace slab panels.
rlb28
AG
nimrodag99 said:

rlb28 said:

nimrodag99 said:

It was like 10 years ago, but I seem to remember something like $3/SF. Call them! Cost will go +$10/SF if you have to replace slab panels.
probably sounds right. at $3/sf mine would be like $4,500. was hoping for a DIY fix. not sure if I want to spend that right now on something that is a "want" not a need. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.