AC Vent

1,594 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tgivaughn
BobSacamano
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggiemike96
AG
Not an immediate emergency, but you need to take action. This is probably your secondary drain as your primary us clogged. Find your inside unit in attic or closet and check the pan for standing, cold water. If so, you'll see a primary drain with probably a white PVC T. That's drain needs to be blown out. Tackle if you want or call AC company in the morning.

The primary might run to a nearby bathroom, check for 2nd p trap under sink, or it may run outside too. See if you can determine if it's your primary or secondary that is dripping.
Aggiemike96
AG
If you see noticable water in pan under inside unit, probably primary that is clogged.
ag0207
AG
The line by the units should drip water, that's completely normal. There should be another line that is in a high traffic area (patio/porch or by a commonly used door & if it is dripping water you have problems.
BobSacamano
Aggiemike96
AG
Did you do what I suggested above?
BobSacamano

AgLA06
AG
BobSacamano said:

Thanks for your replies.

So after more research think I botched the description of my problem, what I meant is "under eaves soffit vent", which is located outside near my AC unit. There are three and one is dripping. Not sure whether or not his has anything to do with my AC.

Any additional thoughts?

Nothing should be leaking from your soffit. Go up in the attic ASAP and see what it is before you call the a/c repair man. It could be a roof leak, a water line leak, or your air handler pan is full / clogged and over flowing.
CapCity12thMan
AG
wait, do you mean you have PVCs under your soffit like this?

And you are saying these are dripping? These are my secondary drain lines. The primaries tie in under a bathroom sink, so if the outside ones are dripping, my primaries are clogged.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
If your drain pan has water in it then your primary drain line is clogged. Find the primary drain line, attach a shop back to the, and start sucking.
BobSacamano

CapCity12thMan
AG
yeah, shouldn't be coming out of the vent. Something else is wrong. If it isn't raining, then likely your pan is overflowing and somehow making out that vent (somehow)...you need to get up in the attic.
PincheDriller
AG
Any updates
Aggiemike96
AG
What's the verdict?
tgivaughn
AG
Hope to find out this mystery.
Certainly DOES sound like your attic HVAC overflow pan drain line was misdirected to a soffit vent or came loose and is flooding toward that area, water damage in process to boot.
Time's a wasting, this needs a pro ASAP and make sure he brings Slime-out/equal tablets, leaves some for you to employ during AC season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.