Thermostat wiring

1,209 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tmas
tmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wires and old thermostat (Ruud touch screen) are oddly wired. Help please?

The left and right are labeled R and C. Those are straight forward. The ones on the right labeled 1 and 2 are confusing me.

[URL=.html][/URL]
DriftwoodAg
AG
Google tells me
yellow = Y (cooling)
white = W (heat)
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Someone needs to learn how to strip wire to the proper length.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Do not trust the wire colors. Google the the original thermostat to get the wiring. If that does not go find the control board for the main unit and check how it is wired.
beachfront71
AG
colors are pretty universal .. especially when C and R are identified.. not much choices after that ..

May want to look and make sure Green is the fan to get some air movement when you dont need ac or heat..

tmas
AG
I figured out the wiring is for a proprietary communications system for Ruud. Now I need to figure out to to wiring to the standard post.

Proprietary communications system posts are on the bottom. The unused standard post are on the top.

Items? I might be calling the AC guy for this. Seems like a waste but don't want to screw anything up.

[URL=.html][/URL]
beachfront71
AG

in last picture you have 2 wires for each post (CR12) .. where does 2nd wire go ..
tmas
AG
Second set of wires goes to the outside condenser.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.