Sprinkler System-Adding a zone question

1,056 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by water turkey
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My front yard is shaped like an upside down L. There is 1 zone that waters the front of the house in the "foot" of the L but no zone going down the side yard, which gets west sun and dries out quickly. I am running a tractor sprinkler down the side yard (100 feet by 30 feet).

Could I add a zone, to the existing system, that runs down the side yard? Is that too long of a run (200 feet)?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gary79Ag
AG
Depends on your water system pressure and the number of sprinkler heads currently on the existing zone and whether they are pop-up type heads or rotor type heads. More details would be needed to further assess your situation.

I just recently added a 45 foot run of 4 pop-up type heads onto a 4 pop-up head zone that works fine.

I also have added a 50 foot run of 3 pop-up type heads onto a 5 pop-up head zone that also works fine.
TexAg1987
ADDING a zone - depends if you have an unused zone in your controller.

Adding TO a zone - see above.
water turkey
I have 6 pop-up heads on the existing zone.

There is only 1 zone on the controller.
Fairview
AG
What about your backyard, side yard and bushes? One zone doesn't make sense.
water turkey
There essentially is no back yard and it is rocked (not my idea). Its a patio home.
Fairview
AG
Got it. You'd either need to buy a new multizone controller or if you have the pressure add a couple more heads to your existing zone.
water turkey
Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.