Garden hose/plumbing question.

851 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bam02
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need help coming up with a solution to a PITA layout in my front yard. My lot is VERY sloped and the only hose bib in the front is around the side of the house on the high side of the lot. I realize it sounds lazy but going up and down to turn the water on and off becomes a headache during periods where I use the hose frequently (i.e. daily).

A year or more ago I bought a metal pot designed to coil up a hose in for storage. I put that near my front porch and have the hose running to it from the side of the house. I have a spray nozzle on it and have basically left the hose bib valve turned on this whole time. It has made it so much more convenient and basically solved my problem, but I realize eventually my Home Depot garden hose is gonna burst from this constant pressure. I guess that wouldn't be the end of the world, and I usually remember to turn the valve off before going out of town.

Is there a correct (or at least better) way to do what I'm doing? I realize I should probably plumb a line down to where I want to have a valve, but I'm no plumber and we won't be in this house long enough for me to warrant much investment. Is there a hose I can buy at a garden supply center that would be rated for something like this?

Thanks!
Koko Chingo
AG
With the amount of work you want to put into this, your hose method sound like your best bet. You could/should at least invest in a high quality hose and nozzle. You could also add a y-splitter to have your extension hose feed your two remotes.

How long is the walk, 25 - 50 ft? How often do you need to turn this thing on/off?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

bam02
AG
Probably only about 30 feet. Acknowledging that and typing make me feel pathetic. I probably use the hose every other day on average for one thing or another. Seems ridiculous I guess, but I can tell you the current time solution has been well worth it to me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.