Crown Molding Costs?

1,049 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CEAg78
TKNR_Ags_co21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2005 build
2700 sq ft
Single Level
4BR/3BA

1) What are my rough estimated costs to get crown molding put up in all of the rooms?

2) Is adding crown molding in a home where there is none considered a "value adding project"? We bought our first home in Sienna Plantation last October and what appealed to me is the amount of value adding projects we could do over our time there. Crown molding, though appealing, seems like a minor cosmetic enhancement and not something that makes your home value go up any at all. We'll probably still have it done, but I'm just curious.
Vernada
AG
Contractor I talked to recently gave me a price of $3.50 per linear foot.
aezmvp
If you do it right, It's not that hard to do yourself. It doesn't really up the value of the home on it's own but it is a part of something that will sell a house faster and help justify a higher price with other upgrades.

IE better lighting, sound wiring, epoxied garage floor and crown molding might collectively justify a higher price even though they are small upgrades compared to a bathroom remodel.
stridulent
AG
What height are your ceilings? I would not add crown moulding on anything less than 9 ft. And at 9 ft, I'd keep them rather standard size (nothing too large).
CEAg78
AG
stridulent said:

What height are your ceilings? I would not add crown moulding on anything less than 9 ft. And at 9 ft, I'd keep them rather standard size (nothing too large).
I disagree. We added crown molding about 3" tall to our 8' ceiling in our entry hall. It made a huge difference in the look and made the ceiling seem higher.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.