Audio/Video Help!!

910 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by A1_Ag_95
A1_Ag_95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
x-posted on Nerdery

First, TIA!

My home has (4) wired in-ceiling speakers - (2) in great room & (2) on patio. I would like to figure a way to have the following all hooked up and controllable from an app if possible, or on remote.

- Vizio TV (not sure if have ARC HDMI)
- OTA antenna (have not installed anything for this yet)
- Apple TV
- Blueray DVD player
- Soundbar with wireless sub (do not have this)

What I would like to be able to do is have the wired speakers set up in two different zones - Zone 1 is great room (with soundbar), Zone 2 is patio. I do have the wired speakers terminating into a cabinet area where I can also run cables to the TV/Soundbar mounting area above fireplace.
DriftwoodAg
AG
the house we moved into had built in speakers with 4 zones. I went with this Yamaha receiver because it had bluetooth and I didn't want my video to pass through. It has channels for A and B, so I had to add a switch with more channels
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/6727002623506551488?lsf=seller:6136318,store:3609799153172748992&prds=oid:17794278202149619242&q=yamaha+audio+receiver&hl=en&ei=lF4bWciiN4ikjwTPiL6QDA&lsft=gclid:CIXrsoSe9dMCFdS3wAodgu0Cvw
stridulent
AG
Almost all 5-channel or higher audio/video receivers have a 2nd or 3rd zone that can be split off. I would recommend you use one of these, add a center channel speaker to go below the TV, and then use the 2nd zone on the receiver for the patio.

I would recommend against using a soundbar in the great room. You already have in-ceiling speakers, why not use them?

Also, if concerned about the subwoofer, you can buy wireless transmitters/receivers for subwoofers for relatively cheap.
A1_Ag_95
AG
This is actually what I've figured out. Receiver with a center speaker. Found a sub that I can set up via wireless.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.