Pre finished wood outdoors

1,362 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
greenman99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used engineered or laminates on the ceiling of a patio cover instead of t&g or bead board? Would like to not have to worry about refinishing and wife likes the look of some of the floors better than traditional options.
aezmvp
Would like to know the answer on this as well!
BrazosBull
AG
Most of those products are not designed for any exposure to weather or excessive humidity. Probably not a good choice for your project.
Note: I only have 37 years experience in the building materials industry.
TRIDENT
AG
I am looking into this, too, for the covered porch on a pool house addition we have under construction. Armstrong makes some products that attach with clips that may work.

http://www.armstrong.com/residential-ceilings/products/ceilings/ceiling-planks/_/N-1z141rfZ1z141qw

TRIDENT
AG
I may go with Hardie beaded soffit porch panels though.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/James-Hardie-HardieSoffit-Porch-Panel-48-in-x-96-in-Primed-Fiber-Cement-Solid-Soffit/3169963

greenman99
AG
I like the the Anderson product. Not sure how it's much different than a flooring product as it's MDF. The Hardy is what I wanted to use but the joints don't pass the wife test.
The Fife
BrazosBull said:

Most of those products are not designed for any exposure to weather or excessive humidity. Probably not a good choice for your project.
Note: I only have 37 years experience in the building materials industry.
This. Wind-blown rain and humidity changes would make short work of either of those materials.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.