Porch / Patio cover recommendations

4,060 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiebrother33
highvelocity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I asked this question about a month ago, but the company suggested wasnt really able to help. Looking for a company that can help with the following for a porch / patio cover:

10x40 concrete slab
4 cedar posts and roof with rain gutters
electric for a couple of fans and an outside tv

i got one quote already for around 21k, which talking to some other folks who have had recent projects completed said was kind of outrageous.

I'd like to spend less than 10k.. am i dreaming or is that actually possible?

Thanks
Ducks4brkfast
AG
location?
highvelocity
AG
houston
Vernada
AG
Will it tie-in to your house / existing structure? Or be free standing.

I got a quote a few years ago for a 20x20 covered patio (no concrete work) and it was something crazy like $20-$30k.

I don't remember the # exactly because it was so far away from what I willing to pay.
ktownag08
AG
The 21k sounds about right especially if it's attached to the house.

I had a smaller pergola, 27x10, quoted to me at ~15k without electrical and such. There were going to tie it into the frame of my house and replace the brick back around it for a seamless look.

We might do it if we decide to stay in our house longer term, but I was surprised at the cost of these outdoor structures.
highvelocity
AG
yes it will tie into the house. by tie-in i'm going to assume they'll put screw brackets into the house and then run 2x6s to the cedar posts for support.

and yes, i am very surprised at the cost as well.. the wood materials do not cost that much so i'm assuming alot has to do with labor mark-up and the like.
rlb28
AG

My buddy is a home builder and he said he would sub it out at his cost, which is about $5,000. Everything else is marked up.
aggie_wes
AG
We got a quote for something very similar and it was around $22.5
highvelocity
AG
i think we should just band together and figure this ish out on our own. get someone to pour the concrete and we do everything else..

thoughts.. haha
JP76
You're looking at $35-$55 a sq ft depending on finish out and logistics

highvelocity
AG
Did anyone have any company recs here in Houston?
chjoak
AG
Under 10k isn't gonna happen unless you get a hookup from someone willing to cut their profits. I added a 12x25 with electric 3-4 yrs ago for 12-14k. I had quotes ranging from his to 40k. Cement is the biggest material cost and may be why you got a little bigger quote then expected.

I can dig up my guys name if you like but it would depend on your location as he only takes jobs around Fairfield.
highvelocity
AG
im inbetween 610 / beltway headed south towards pearland
tgivaughn
AG
Wouldn't it be easier to erect a pergola taller than eaves, top it with Lexan or metal?

Lawn Master Outdoor Living
FCBlitz
I did a 15 x 15 for $5k.

This was about 18 years ago.
Had a place called decks for less to toss up a peragola and then framed out a the concrete slab and had it poured when other concrete slabs were being poured on nearby lots.

It survived Ike well enough
aggiebrother33
I got a 16x20 cover that I could not be happier with for under $10k. I used a company out of Angleton, and I am located in Pearland. Shoot me an email and I'll send you pics etc

snide 11 zero three at gmail
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.