Documenting a rehab on the worst house in the neighborhood

20,917 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JDCAG (NOT Colin)
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

It's probably just dirty, but those electrical outlets look scary.

They're filthy and they will be replaced.
Oogway
That is great to know as they do pair well together and make a nice clean look I like.

I also like your choice of drawer handles and pulls. Ours are big white ceramic ones (nice for my old hands) but look outdated when I see yours and what others have posted in their renos.
irish pete ag06
AG

Edit... wrong forum for that post.
irish pete ag06
AG
Well... here's the final product.

Completely redone master

Just redid the shower and sink from pink to white... also cleaned the grout lines in the guest bath
dubi
Gary79Ag
AG
You Sir have done an awesome job! Place looks great!!!
What do you plan to do for a vent hood over the stove?
irish pete ag06
AG
Gary79Ag said:

You Sir have done an awesome job! Place looks great!!!
What do you plan to do for a vent hood over the stove?

Thank you very much!

Just a little cheap under cabinet one from Lowe's to be honest.

beanbean
What did you use for the floors in the kitchen?
irish pete ag06
AG
brucoh said:

What did you use for the floors in the kitchen?

Shaw Asheville Pine from Lowes. That stuff is awesome.
dubi
AG
I'm scared to put anything but tile in a kitchen. We have had several leaks with the water line to the fridge.
irish pete ag06
AG
dubi said:

I'm scared to put anything but tile in a kitchen. We have had several leaks with the water line to the fridge.
It's waterproof. It "click locks" and forms a watertight seal.
dubi
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

dubi said:

That is awesome!
irish pete ag06
AG
dubi said:

irish pete ag06 said:

dubi said:

That is awesome!
It's great stuff. And virtually indestructible since it's vinyl. Perfect for rental properties. Hell, when I redo my kitchen and living room into an open "great room," I'm gonna put it in my house.
Oogway
Lot of work, but the finished product is very nice. Especially like the neutral tones and the clean lines.
irish pete ag06
AG
Oogway said:

Lot of work, but the finished product is very nice. Especially like the neutral tones and the clean lines.
That's the truth.

And 4 months of my life. I had no idea it would take that long and likely will never take on another one that is that much of an undertaking. Haha.
Gary79Ag
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Oogway said:

That's the truth.

And 4 months of my life. I had no idea it would take that long and likely will never take on another one that is that much of an undertaking. Haha.
I said the same thing after performing a total rennovation of our home that we purchased in 2006. Fast forward to 2011, bought a house 2 houses down the street and started the process all over again with a total rennovation (and I mean TOTAL on this one) a few years later. We since moved in in the first quarter of last year but it's on hold as I still have the master bedroom, bath and closet to finish out...will start on thoses as soon as we get the other house sold. Hopefully, it's going on the market within the next couple of weeks!

So as the old saying goes..."Never say never!"
The Fife
irish pete ag06 said:

Oogway said:

That's the truth.

Never? That's a likely story...

BTW I'm still not having much luck with the oven, going to repost on FB again to see if there's any interest. I think the location is the tough part since most people looking for older stuff are in bigger cities.
irish pete ag06
AG
The Fife said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Oogway said:

That's the truth.

Never? That's a likely story...

BTW I'm still not having much luck with the oven, going to repost on FB again to see if there's any interest. I think the location is the tough part since most people looking for older stuff are in bigger cities.

I actually was about to email you. Don't worry about the oven. Just put it on the road for garbage pickup.
The Fife
Ah ok. lots of 'likes' but very few who are nearby. Would have been a deferent outcome in Socal.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
dubi said:

My parents are in a rental for the next several months while their house is restored from a water line leak going to the fridge that happened on day 2 of a 7 day cruise we went on as a family a month ago. Now I freak out everytime I'm away from the house for more than a few hours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.