Pool Quotes

3 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jgw02
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, I know. Everything is negotiable, but how firm are quotes provided by pool contractors?
62strat
AG
Why don't you ask them?
12th Man Ag
AG
Well, I plan to when we get the new quote. But, I was trying to see what the experience of the Board had been.
Aggiemike96
AG
I don't have experience with pool contractors, but have successfully negotiated with other contractors. Get your bids, choose the one you want to award the job, and say "I want to hire you for the project, but your quote is higher than other bids. What's the best you can offer?". Don't show your cards (ie don't tell what the other quotes are). If HE wants the work, he'll play ball.

I'll also start about 10-15% below the quote to begin negotiations. Anything lower may be perceived as lowball.
mm98
AG
Bump. Starting to consider a pool and am curious how this process went.
12th Man Ag
AG
Well, so far it has been painless, but we are still in the approval stage. The pool guys have been very helpful in getting HOA approval and helping get utilities moved. Once they bring in the Bobcat and start digging up the yard, I may have an elevated stress level!
MPython43
Sorry. Meant for other pool thread...
mm98
AG
Not to hijack OPs topic, but I'm considering having a pool built and I'm seeking advice on what questions to ask during the bidding process.

For reference, right now I'm probably 8-10 months out from doing anything. I live in Katy TX if anyone has referrals.
sosolik
AG
Omega Pools
jgw02
AG
Anybody have experience with Laguna Pools in katy?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.