Advice on Freestanding Bathtub

1,375 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 213 Grove
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am trying to plan a master bath reno. I think I am going to rip out a large jacuzzi tub & replace w/a freestanding tub. Where did you buy yours? Happy w/your purchase? Pros/cons? Tell me about tub fillers. Thanks
213 Grove
AG
They can be expensive especially a nice tub filler.

Go to a Moore Supplys showroom. They can help you there and will be much more knowledgeable on what you need then some box store plus they are reasonably priced.
Ag In Texas
AG
Where are you located? We are getting ready to build a new house and are purchasing a free standing tub from Tri-Supply. Very reasonably priced and seems to be of decent quality. We are using a wall mounted tub filler in lieu of in floor.
Texas Ag Mom
I am in DFW. I have seen this tub in person & I really like it. It comes in 2 sizes. The best price I can find so far for the large tub is $1646.

http://www.jettacorp.com/j85-halley-448.html
213 Grove
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

I am in DFW. I have seen this tub in person & I really like it. It comes in 2 sizes. The best price I can find so far for the large tub is $1646.

http://www.jettacorp.com/j85-halley-448.html
That's a pretty good price for that tub. It lists on Jetta for nearly $3,500
213 Grove
AG
Also, be aware that is a center drain tub so unless you are redoing the plumbing or already have a center drain then it may not work
Texas Ag Mom
Are you by any chance a plumber? Yes I know the drain will have to be moved. Thanks
213 Grove
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

Are you by any chance a plumber? Yes I know the drain will have to be moved. Thanks
No I'm not a plumber
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.