Aggie Maroon paint for shed

3 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sleepybeagle
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has probably been well covered, but I didn't see any recent threads.

I need to paint a new shed and want to go maroon and white. My understanding is that Home Depot has an Aggie Maroon which is in Glidden, which sucks.

How would I get that color matched in a Sherwin Williams?
aezmvp
Worse comes to worst get the sample of Gliden and have SW match.
JHUAggie
I used fine wine at SW and am happy with the maroon color
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I guess the follow up question, is Glidden really that inferior to SW for this application?

I only need 2 gallons, so price isn't a huge factor.
txaggie_2011
AG
You should be able to go to wherever you're going to by your SW paint and tell them you want a Glidden color. They should be able to look up the number values for the pigment and match it. They should have a book for each of the major brands that has all the info their machine needs to produce the color. I got a Kelly Moore color in Behr paint from Home Depot.
jamesf
AG
Couldn't you take this to them and they could match it?

http://brandguide.tamu.edu/colors.html
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Can they mix up a paint with those numbers? I'm not sure how those machines work.
Texas Ag Mom
We owned a home in BCS & we needed some maroon paint. They told me at HD that they were not allowed to match the Aggie Maroon paint so I guess I bought the Behr paint that was the closest match. Glidden paint is awful. Buy Behr or SW.
Martin Cash
AG
Negley Paint (the best paint that ever existed) used to make an "A&M Maroon." They were bought out by Coronado. I don't know if they still make the color or not.
sleepybeagle
AG
As long as you don't paint bevels
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.