Help Home Improvement Board: Hot Water Issue

800 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SouthernRaisedYankee
SouthernRaisedYankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in a one story 3 bedroom 2 bath home. My shower in the master bedroom (which is the farthest from the hot water heater in the garage) gets scolding hot. My shower closest to the hot water heater gets luke warm at best no matter how long I run the water for in that bathroom.

I can't figure out why the closer shower won't heat up. The hot water tap to the sink in the closest bathroom will get scolding hot, so I believe getting hot water from the heater isn't an issue. Could this be in an issue with the tap to the shower? It's a single mounted tap that increases from cold to hot as you turn it counter clockwise. Any thoughts on where to start?

Thanks for any advice!
Rexter
Start at the control valve and work your way back to the heater.
Gary79Ag
AG
Not sure what shower valve product you have but most shower valves have similar rotational limit stops (RLS) as the following Delta video depicts, so this should help you determine if the RLS are causing the issue you appear to have...My monies on this being your issue!

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
What the above posters say. There is an adjustable stop on the valve that limits how far it your valve will go.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The above!
The limits on the other shower are set lower so kids can't burn themselves.
SouthernRaisedYankee
Thanks everyone! This resolved the problem. I had no idea showers had their own temperature limiters.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.