Anybody ever hear of LEI Windows?

3,104 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Vernada
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a guy coming around door to door, sold my wife on the idea. Around $800/window. She's pressuring me to meet with him asap.
Pale Rider
AG
When you google them the second auto complete suggestion is "lei window scam"
Satellite of Love
If they are going door to door looking for buisness, that is red flag #1. I would get multpile bids for replacement windows. The amount of money you are going to drop, you should have an idea of the range it could cost. Tell your wife no and that yall should get several quotes from local window folks.
toolshed
AG
There are huge differences in vinyl window quality, vendor to vendor. There website description sounds like a good window, as least for the Revelation series. But I don't know what you were quoted. $800 per window seems high, but again it be pends on the quality of the window and the install.

I just priced windows from Krestmark and Showcase for a customer. The Showcase windows were really nice, metal reinforced, insulated frames, etc.. But in the end they went with the Krestmark. I believe it was an upgraded series, the frames seemed heavier than other Krestmark that I've seen installed. But the homeowners have been very happy with them.

I'd defiantly shop around from local window companies before buying from a door to door window sales company.
Josepi
AG
I would be extremely wary dropping that much cash from a guy going door to door. They might be legit, but you should do extreme due diligence on them. Also, put it on a solid credit card (Amex if you have one) so that you can dispute the charges if a problem arises.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/HomeImprovement/comments/3nm52d/the_fun_of_replacement_windows_shopping/
Vernada
AG
You should be able to get close to $500/window for good vinyl replacement.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.