Pool Polaris Backup Valve Question

1,279 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texsn95
GurmTsu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The backup or "reverse" valve on my Polaris hose stays engaged for WAY too long!
The hose gets all wound up right next to the wall and the actual Polaris hangs about halfway between the surface and the bottom of the pool. "That ain't right!"
I removed the valve to prevent this from happening.
Now I find myself, constantly, having to dislodge "Herman" from various sticking points in the pool. If I do not dislodge him, he stay there until the cycle is over.
I need to replace the valve.
Question...
Are there valves with different settings as to the amount of time they are engaged?
HELP!
AnchorFoundation
Just replaced mine for about $90 from Leslie's. It took longer to watch the YouTube video than it did to actually do the work.
GurmTsu
Thanks!
Is there a way to set the time that is stays engaged, or am I at the mercy of the manufacturer, again?
agnerd
AG
If I remember right, last time I took mine apart there wasn't any adjustment for time. It just reverses until the little wheel rotates back to sending the water back to Herman.
GurmTsu
Replacement valve arrived and installed and working perfectly.
Leslie's wanted $99.00 at the store.
Amazon was $65.00 delivered to my home.

YAY AMAZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
texsn95
AG
This one? I get all of my pool chems and Polaris parts from ebay. Leslies is a joke.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Replacement-180-280-380-Back-Up-Valve-G-52-/300844723052?hash=item460bbe2b6c%3Am%3AmwgHVIq321SZOJRpw2rI9PA&_trkparms=pageci%253Abc87c4f3-fe28-11e6-9dab-005056b6313a%257Cparentrq%253A87bf838415a0a624b91186ecffea15a3%257Ciid%253A1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.