Best way to unload brand new appliances

3,349 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggie_Eric98
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We am in the process of buying a new home and one of the perks is the builder is throwing in a new refrigerator and a washer and dryer.

I assume these will be builder grade and I most likely will keep the one's I already have.I don't think I can take them back to Lowe's for a no receipt return, is this a craigslist situation?

Is there any website flippers use when looking for new appliances to add to their flip properties?
07bluebonnet
Why not just ask the builder for a credit instead? Or have him put the money toward something else you would like such as extra crown molding or higher grade tile?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
they wont, I already asked. I even asked if i could trade all three in for an upgraded refrigerator and was told no.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Craigslist
DeBoss
AG
The reason they do that is they can sell that as a major cost savings to new home buyers but the cost to them is very low. Large builders get huge discounts but if they gave you the credit for the 3, it would be around $1000 i bet, maybe a bit more. I worked for a home builder and this is one of their best margin marketing features that really attract some homeowners.
aggiemike02
AG
beer fridge in the garage?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
anyone interested? As soon as I know make and model's I'll post them.
Texas Ag Mom
My son is currently house hunting so he might be interested if the timing is right.
dtkprowler
AG
I am in the EXACT SAME BOAT. The "package" we were eligible for gave us W/D and a Fridge. We will be looking to unload these before we put a single thing in them!
jtp01
AG
Have you asked him if he will not install them and leave them in the boxes?

This actually does 2 things, guarantees brand new appliances and helps with resell "brand new in the box".

This would also save him time and labor to do it.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
yes, I asked them to just leave them packaged in the garage.
AggieChemE09
AG
I am building a home currently(breaking ground this week) and will need a washer and dryer. If you have a timeline, model #s, and a price maybe we could figure something out.

edit: Houston btw
Aggie_Eric98
AG
timeline is mid-April, but I am in the Dallas area.
Texas Ag Mom
Aggie Eric- my son is in the DFW area also. My email is texasmomjunk at yahoo dot com
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

Aggie Eric- my son is in the DFW area also. My email is texasmomjunk at yahoo dot com
Once I find out what the make and models are I'll let you know. I will be located in McKinney.
flown-the-coop
AG
Tell them to keep their crap and give you a credit or you are walking. More expensive to sell the house again than to give you the credit.
Texas Ag Mom
FYI. My son made an offer on a house tonight.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I am going to bump this as we will be closing in the nest 2 weeks and the appliances will be available soon if anyone is interested.

I should be able to get the brands and model within the next week.
frorge
AG
When you get info on the items and what you want for them shoot me an email. May be interested. DFW area right?

texasaggie1001 at gmail
histag10
AG
Quote:

Best way to unload brand new appliances

I recommend using a dolly and a ramp
Aggie_Eric98
AG
frorge said:

When you get info on the items and what you want for them shoot me an email. May be interested. DFW area right?

texasaggie1001 at gmail
Yes, we will be in the McKinney/Frisco area
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Here is what I believe they put in our house. I'll confirm once I get the models from the actual equipment.

25.57 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel

4.3 cu. ft. Front Load Washer with LuxCare Wash System, Steam in Titanium, ENERGY STAR

8.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer with Steam in Titanium, ENERGY STAR

Washer and Dryer are both on Pedestals
15 in. Laundry Pedestal with Storage Drawer in Titanium

These are currently installed in our house, but never have been used. Let me know if you are interested. Looking to move them fairly quickly.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Let me know if anyone is interested as we are starting to get some offers from Craigslist, but would prefer to help out an Ag.
The Fife
Dafuq are they putting in a washer and dryer that are double the cost of the fridge for?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
The Fife said:

Dafuq are they putting in a washer and dryer that are double the cost of the fridge for?
Good question. I asked for a builder credit and was told no.
Aggietaco
AG
Man, those look like a nice W/D set. I think I'd consider selling your current stuff...
The Fife
I thought that as well, actually. I'd totally get ditching them if the builder threw in Roper or whatever.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Aggietaco said:

Man, those look like a nice W/D set. I think I'd consider selling your current stuff...
Yeah, we have a price in our head where if we cannot get $X,XXX then we will keep these and sell our 1 year old Samsung ones.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Everything has been sold
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.