Best Appliance Brand

2,974 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Specifically refrigerators?
The Fife
Got a price range? That would help a lot here.
aggierogue
AG
Between $1000 and $2000

Replacing today unfortunately :/
aggierogue
AG
Looking at Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Frigidaire, GE
Max06
AG
I have an LG and have been very happy with it. Lightning killed the first one and I replaced it with the current year model of the exact same one.
AgResearch
AG
aggierogue said:

There you go
aggierogue
AG
Thanks guys.
Aggie Apple
AG
AgResearch said:

aggierogue said:

There you go
I'm sure there are good and bad stories for every brand, but I will NEVER EVER EVER again buy a Samsung fridge. I had a French door model and the ice maker gave me fits to the point where I just turned it off. Then I had an issue where the drain hole would ice over and cause water to fill up the bottom of the fridge. Which after some online reasearch I found was a very common problem with Samsungs.

Again, I'm sure every brand has their quirks, but Samsung tried to ruin my life.
The Fife
We've had good luck with our LG for the last 6 years. Every so often the icemaker decides not to work but there are worse problems to have.
SCHTICK00
AG
Pretty happy with GE Monogram and kitchenaid
DeBoss
AG
Had good luck with a GE Profile but even better luck with my current LG. Get the one with the pocket front door that allows you to get milk out without opening the full door. It's been a game changer with 2 young kids. Also absolutely love my adjustable middle drawer.
jtp01
AG
I really liked our Samsung refrigerator until the movers jacked it up. They paid for a replacement, but as usual, we couldn't find a refrigerator that had the same features so we "settled" for a frigidaire and it SUCKS. The ice through the door is pointless as it never feeds any ice. We will look for Samsung or LG for the next one.

The dang appliances do not last for any time anymore. I had a freezer go out a few weeks ago (thank goodness I caught it while everything was still frozen) but the freezer was only about 6 years old. My folks have a freezer that is nearly 20 years old and still chugging along.
LeftyAg89
AG
Stay away from the Korean krap! LG and Samesong. Cheap parts, won't last.

I would stick to Whirlpool/Kenmore. Good quality and decent pricing.
helloag99
subzero
DallasAggie89
AG
Love my Samsung.
histag10
AG
I thought Samsung typically fell over that 2000 price Mark, dor they have lower end/not as high tech ones that are between 1 &2k?
RC_57
AG
Sub Zero

Out of my way Serfs
The Fife
nimrodag99 said:

subzero
Completely findable in the OP's price range so long as they're ok with something made before 2000.
eeaggie11
AG
Lefty Ag '89 said:

Stay away from the Korean krap! LG and Samesong. Cheap parts, won't last.

I would stick to Whirlpool/Kenmore. Good quality and decent pricing.

Kenmore does not actually "make" refrigerators. They re-brand other companies. There are only a few true manufacturers of refrigerators. Most companies re-brand.
DriftwoodAg
AG
histag10 said:

I thought Samsung typically fell over that 2000 price Mark, dor they have lower end/not as high tech ones that are between 1 &2k?

They go on sale often. I think ours was under $1800 with free delivery
histag10
AG
hot_rod_9384 said:

histag10 said:

They go on sale often. I think ours was under $1800 with free delivery

Good to know! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm looking
SJEAg
AG
I have a large Samsung french door...31cu ft and it was a little over 3k when I bought it several years ago.

It's been OK. No breakdowns, looks nice, cools fine and evenly.

The ice maker has always kind of sucked (cubed setting still looks pretty crushed). The overall ambient noise/hum is kind of loud. I am accustomed to it now, but it's audible from a room away in an otherwise quiet house. I also find it weird there is a door alarm on the fridge, but not the freezer...where the heavy sliding compartment is actually more prone to not being closed all the way and the ramifications/speed of stuff being ruined is worse than a creaked fridge door. Have wasted more than a couple cartons of ice cream because of this.

Next time I may check out LG. Checked out my neighbor's unit, which is similar size/age and it's definitely quieter.
Aggielandma12
AG
any Bosch owners here?
The Fife
My parents have one of their dishwashers. Any specific questions?
DRE06
AG
Went LG with our Fridge, washer & dryer 5 years ago and all 3 have been flawless.

My research had me down to LG and Samsung with no real quality difference between the two. Stay away from GE.
Aggielandma12
AG
The Fife said:

My parents have one of their dishwashers. Any specific questions?

any issues? likes/dislikes..
Agmechanic
AG
I have a bosch built in electric oven, gas 36" cooktop, and dishwasher
Agmechanic
AG
LG Fridge
Gary79Ag
AG
Aggielandma12 said:

any Bosch owners here?
Have a Bosch dishwasher and we love it. Don't know it's running unless you're right next to it. Had one in the previous home and did same in this one. Yes, it doesn't have a heating element for drying but we're happy with that as we melted many items in the past with a DW that had one.
The Fife
They haven't run into any problems so far and it seems to take hill country hard water ok. I'm told it's really quiet and mom still hears just fine so she's probably right. No heating element, so for them that means no more melting stuff like pothandles and whatever else ends up down there. They seem happy enough anyway.
DeBoss
AG
Bosch dishwasher here also and absolutely love it. Won't own a different brand of dishwasher ever.

Fridge - LG and love it
W/D - GE Profile and can't wait to get rid of them. Very disappointed.
Engine10
AG
Copped a KitchenAid range and dishwasher last year on Memorial Day.

No issues with the range so far.

Dishwasher made a crazy difference in our small house, the db reduction alone was worth it. Cleans like a beast too.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I asked this question a while back myself. Looked at tons of models and reviews and it seems they all have crappy ice makers and water dispensers that break too much. Or the compressor craps out or they are loud. I ended up going with an LG and bought that 5 year protection plan from Lowes and expect to use it. If I don't use it I'll figure I chose wisely. Good luck.
histag10
AG
Have a Bosch dishwasher. Love it. Super quiet, and really cleans well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.