Mini Split HVAC units

1,148 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tgivaughn
jtp01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any real world experience with mini split hvac units?

I have my home office that I built out that needs some hvac and an attic space I built out that needs hvac as well. Any recommendations on a dual zone mini split unit?
coyote68
Yes. Mitsubishi.
jtp01
AG
Did you install yourself, or have it done? I have a close friend in the HVAC business that is available to help should I need it. I'm also considering a system for my detached shop though it's 2400 square feet with 14' sidewalls.

Just trying to get a sense of "total" cost. Any extra parts/pieces needed to install before I pull the trigger.
flown-the-coop
AG
We used mini-splits on a phased home building pilot program we did for the government. Idea was a unit that could resize from 800sf to up to 1300-1400sf, so mini-split made sense. There is not anything particular about the system that would scream professional install. Trick is to make sure you properly size the unit(s) and then place the blower part of the unit in the proper location in the room. I would do this DIY project in a second over the garage door spring replacers from a thread the other day. Plenty of instruction and low risk of death with the mini-split.
tgivaughn
AG
Would love to have a new Mitsubishi or American version in my house = $$$$$
People who put these in include
Sevick's Texaco
Weldon Jordan
you might seek out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.