Single sink to double sink conversion

887 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JP76
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Part of a master bath remodel, we want to convert single sink to double sink (width of current is 65 inches). My question is that - in general - is it cheaper to have a cabinet guy & countertop guy make one or buy through an online source like homedepot or wayfair?
Rexter
Are you talking making a sink or building a vanity? It will always be cheaper to buy a pre-fab vanity until you get into the hardwood materials. I'd stay far away from particle board, and go with a minimum of 1/2" plywood. You can prolly find a vanity/top combo at a big box in the size you need.
62strat
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Part of a master bath remodel, we want to convert single sink to double sink (width of current is 65 inches). My question is that - in general - is it cheaper to have a cabinet guy & countertop guy make one or buy through an online source like homedepot or wayfair?
You have a 65" sink in your master bath? That's not a sink, that's your bathtub.
aggiebrad94
AG
HA! The width of the vanity is 65 inches. It has a single sink in the middle. We are wanting to covert to a new, double sink vanity.
JP76
65 inches is not a standard width on prebuilt so you will have to special order if you go with store bought.
It will almost always be cheaper to buy prebuilt versus custom built but you will sacrifice quality of the cabinet on store bought.

Is it going to be stain finished or painted ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.