Aluminum Welding - Argon questions

590 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RogerEnright
RogerEnright
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am pretty new to welding, but have done a bit of steel welding, primarily with a few Lincoln Power 255 MIG welders that I have.

I took one of those welders and purchased a spool gun, conversion kit and I am about to buy an argon tank and an associated regulator.

I was considering purchasing an Asian regulator as shown below:

ARGON CO2 GAS MIG TIG FLOW METER WELDING WELD REGULATOR GAUGE WELDER CGA580 FITS

Regulator Link

Has anyone tried one of these?

Also, is there an efficient place for me to purchase an Argon tank? My local gas provider has them for about $220 filled (I don't recall the size). It is only about $22 to fill the tank from then on.

Thank you in advance.
agwrangler2001
AG
I just picked up a 80 cu/ft tank from here:
http://store.cyberweld.com/shielgascyl8.html

Really good reviews, $200 for the tank, and they will fill it for another $40.
Comes right to your door about 2 days later. Hard to beat that.

The welder I bought (used) came with 2 regulator sets, one had the flow gauge on it like your pic, but unfortunately the regulator has a leak issue, so I haven't been able to use it.
RogerEnright
I had to pickup a spool of wire today for a steel welder and I spoke to my local guys again. It is about $210 for the 80 CF empty and $190 CF for the 40CF empty.

Before I saw your post I ordered a 40 CF tank from Welding Supply empty for $130.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.