tile install

1,137 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bbry81
bbry81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got a quote for a tile install. it came back as 2282.50. That includes $200 for removal and disposal of carpet $350 to float any uneven spots. The total square foot is about 775 sq ft. This is in New Braunfels. Does this sound about right? thanks
mneisch
AG
You're supplying the tile, so that's labor only?
bbry81
Yes I am supplying materials.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Take the carpet out yourself and save the 200. It will literally take you 10-15 minutes at most.
histag10
AG
I dont think that's an unreasonable quote. I've had quotes that were a bit more (albeit in a MUCH different area) for a smaller sqft. What people told us- expect 1-2x the cost of materials (ALL materials) for labor alone.

Ultimately, we ended up deciding to install ourselves, which was trial and error in a small space, but now we have the hang of it.
locogringo
AG
Killeen area we are getting quotes anywhere from $1.75 to $3 a sq.ft. Most were $1.75-$2.00

Edit: That is just install. Owner supplies tile and mortar/grout. No demo
bbry81
i would do the carpet myself but the only dump to take it to charges me $90 to take it there so I am only saving a 100.
austinrb10
AG
Bbr- that's a really good price. We are in the middle of a bathroom demo, and our pricing was higher per sqft. I'm in NB as well.
Beckdiesel03
AG
You can always cut the carpet into thinner strips, roll it up and throw it away a few rolls at a time in the normal trash. We did that A LOT. It was better than dealing with hauling it off and you can fit a lot more than you think in the cans.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Bbry-I almost forgot about this but call the city about bulk trash pickup. They normally will come and grab your stuff at the curb for like $25/half hour and it takes them no time. They will bring the grappler and a roll off and be done in like 5 minutes.
bbry81
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.