Apollo Gate no worky

1,301 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Gary79Ag
FIDO 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an Apollo Gate Opener for my drive way. It's worked fine until this afternoon. It would not close. I bought a new battery (per Auto Zone the original was dead) and still no luck. I've checked the gfci and it's not tripped, and we have power to the unit. I replaced all the fuses (none were blown). Still nothing. I can hear a click when we hit the bypass button, but that's about it.

What do I try next?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Maybe the remote and gate operator have to be linked again because it died? Is there a learn function similar to a garage door opener?
Ark03
AG
FIDO 96 said:

I have an Apollo Gate Opener for my drive way. It's worked fine until this afternoon. It would not close. I bought a new battery (per Auto Zone the original was dead) and still no luck. I've checked the gfci and it's not tripped, and we have power to the unit. I replaced all the fuses (none were blown). Still nothing. I can hear a click when we hit the bypass button, but that's about it.

What do I try next?
Check the simple stuff first. You have clean wires and a good connections everywhere?

If you're hearing a click when you hit the bypass button, then it's not engaging even with direct input on the board right? That would mean it's not your remote. It's something between the control board and the actuator. It may be hard to figure it out without just going through the schematics with a micrometer.

Is there a chance the gate is just stuck or bound up on something?
FIDO 96
AG
I pulled the pin from the gate and actuator to make sure the gate wasn't stuck. Even worked the actuator arm back and forth...looked like I was giving it a handy...nada.

Only work to the board was pulling the main wire bundle and hitting it with contact cleaner and some fresh contact grease (they looked clean btw).

I'm fearing it's a dead board. I'll call Apollo Monday morning. I used their stuff when we do residential lot development for our gated communities.
Muzzleblast
Does the control board mount in a terminal strip.

Check all the contacts for corrosion and make sure everything is clean.

After that.... new board time.
will.mcg
AG
Depending on your local climate conditions your board probably doesn't last as long as you would expect out of something in an enclosure. Our board seems to need replacing every 2-5 years.
FIDO 96
AG
There was a short in the wire that lead to actuator. Looked like maybe chewed. Quick re-wire and I'm back to normal.
Gary79Ag
AG
FIDO 96 said:

There was a short in the wire that lead to actuator. Looked like maybe chewed. Quick re-wire and I'm back to normal.
Damn squirrels...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.