Licensed Foundation Engineer - DFW

1,688 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texas Ag Mom
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a good foundation engineer that they know in the DFW area? My mom's builder is trying to BS their way through major foundation issues that are still under warranty. I want to bring in a true 3rd party to assess the damage and what needs to be done in order to remediate.

Thanks for any help.
Comeby!
AG
I've used Jim at GeoDynamics. Older gentlemen, not sure if he still works.
http://www.geodfw.com
flown-the-coop
AG
I've used Eric Davis both personally and professionally. Depending on the builder, they could be the original engineers. Can you describe more of the problem and why the builder is disagreeing?
flown-the-coop
AG
Also keep in mind generally accepted tolerances. You would be amazed. Driveways and sidewalks can lift and shift quite a bit before considered defective. And within the statute of repose, there will be acceptable settling of the foundation, including cracking of foundation and drywall. Rule of thumb is the interior doors start sticking when the foundation is borderline fail.
tgivaughn
AG
visit the texas licensing engineering site
"find an engineer" for your location process
weed out all that are not STR (structural/civil)
weed out further via local BBB ranking
then begin calling to see if interested & WHAT (if any) residential experience
tamu2009
AG
I used Tommy Tolson at Tolson Engineering and liked him.
maldivesag
AG
We also used Jim and Geodynamics. Due his schedule it took a while for him to come out but it was the best money ever spent as he gave us a detailed plan to submit for bid from the foundation companies. He was there on the lift day and coordinated with the foundation company. Highly recommend.
Hincemm
AG
If you need legal counsel, I had great success using Anne stark to represent me against my builder for this same issue. She knows her stuff on this topic. Her engineer is Gary Osborne.
Texas Ag Mom
We used David Isbon & he is a very experienced SE. I can highly recommend him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.