New Washer/Drier

1,408 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Shelton98
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've gone through several pages so if someone has a good discussion going, let me know.

In-laws and myself are all looking for new washer/dryer. What are the good brands? I have GE front loaders that I will not do again. We want to go with top loaders going forward.

Looking at the Samsung, Maytag, and not sure what other brands.

And would people suggest applianeconnectioncom for a new w/d?
Mollie03
AG
Didn't all the Samsung top-loaders just get recalled? I am looking at an LG model (#WT1701CW ) that are ranked high on Consumer Reports. The Whirlpool Cabrios get pretty good reviews on CR (#WTW8500DW). I have a five-year-old Samsung front loader right now and it still works. Just tired of dealing with all the front loader issues that you are probably familiar with.
Random Ag
AG
Have 2 year old LG models that are great, absolutely no complaints. Agitator free washer that can easily do a king down comforter. Dryer is quick!
Texker
AG
We've had Fisher Paykel for 10 years.
Gary79Ag
AG
We have a Samsung Top Load Washer and Front Load Dryer set, model WA48J7770AW/A2 and DV48J7770EW/A2, respectively. We've had them for approximately 1 year now and love them, however as was noted earlier by 4thGenAg, the washer has a recall on it as follows:

Samsung-Recalls-Top-Load-Washing-Machines

Your inquiry reminded me to contact Samsung to get the repair accomplished. So thanks!

bdgol07
AG
Just called about my washer.....what a PITA

• Company coming out is Dish Network (YES, like the cable company)
  • Lady could barely speak understandable english
  • washer is about 2yrs old so they didn't even give 50% of purchase price for application to another Samsung washer and $100 less than that for a non-Samsung brand
  • I call the repair company ONLY after the scheduled appointment if they don't show up but call Timbuktu, India otherwise

Luckily we haven't had any issues with ours but I am about to do some laundry for the upcoming week
The Fife
We have a 12 year old Kenmore set that the design probably dates back decades ago (mechanical stitches, relays and timer). It seems fairly indestructible, but if something happens that totals it I'd probably replace with a Speed Queen.
Shelton98
AG
We've got a ~10 year old Whirlpool that started leaking water last week. I took it apart and found a crack in the outter plastic tub. I told the wife I could fix it for $150 or we could buy a new one. She said fix it.... said the new ones are not as good as the old ones. Parts are in route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.