polaris pool hose

2,194 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tmas
Na Zdraví 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else have this problem? Anytime it gets cold, my Polaris hose kinks up. Like it has a memory of being coiled up. Should I replace it or is this just a cold weather issue? Pizzes me off. I don't cover my pool in the winter so I have to keep it going for a little while each day.
Flashdiaz
AG
you're experiencing shrinkage
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Don't talk about my personal issues, I'm asking about my pool hose.
tmas
AG
It's the weather...I haven't tried to do anything, just accept it. I do cover my pool in the winter because I have a cypress tree that drops all its leaves right into the pool.
toolshed
AG
How old is the hose? It's the same with garden hoses and extension cords, they are less pliable in the cold, but older hoses/ rubber seems to be more stiff. If it's an older hose, a new one might be more pliable even in the cold and less of a frustration to untangle often. It will still be stiffer in the cold but not nearly as bad. The sunlight can cause damage to them over time.
cadetjay02
AG
This is my 1st winter with a pool, what do you cover it with? The guy behind me covers his with a bunch of mismatched tarps and it looks ghetto. Do you still have to uncover it to add chemicals?
EnviroAg96
AG
Put a hose swivel near the kink if there isn't already one nearby.
Aggiehunter34
S
I don't cover mine year round. I have friends who cover theirs with a fine netting mesh material and when they take it off to get ready for swimming it takes weeks to get the water right. I never cover mine and just run my pump like normal. I also run my Polaris about 4 hours a day. You will have to empty the skimmer baskets more frequently (2 times a day) if you have a lot of leaves falling. You can also put up a small tarp wall around the edges of your pool. THey make a small black tarp that stands about 1-2 feet high. It catches a lot leaves that are blown in. Just my 2 cents.
tmas
AG
I purchased a solar cover (~$150) and cut it to fit my pool. I load the pull up with chlorine (currently using liquid bleach) and let it good all winter. It's clean (mostly) and ready to go in the spring.

Again, the only reason I have the cover is the cypress tree. The needles will clog everything and are skinny enough to get through the skimmer into the pump and then ground up in the filter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.