Estimated Reno Cost?

2,291 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by malibu9in1
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably a hard question to answer but as a rough guess, what's a good total estimate on quartz countertops? Just assume average size, nothing too custom or crazy. Think builder grade. Looking at cost of hauling away old and putting in the new. Is it cheaper to do all three at once or doesn't matter. TIA and sorry for my amateurishness

Lower Level Quartz Counter in Kitchen - undermount single basin sink, slide in range.

Quartz in Master Bath, 2 undermount sinks

Quartz in second bath, 1 undermount sink
histag10
AG
It very much depends on location. And even then, contractors bids can vary quite a bit.
cadetjay02
AG
Break out the tape measure and find the total square footage. Multiply that by the cost of the level of the quartz you want. Are you providing the sinks or buying theirs? I'd start at $75 a hole for each sink and then add the price of the sink on top of that.
10andBOUNCE
AG
What's a reasonable cost per sq foot for the install only?
AggiePlaya
AG
I know a guy that is an installer in Dallas if you happen to be in that area
txag2008
AG
cadetjay02 said:

$75 a hole

That seems pretty low
aggiepaintrain
AG
$4-5k
to do it all, do it all at once. They will haul old stuff away.
Be sure price includes plumber.

If in BCS I have a guy that just did some work for me that did a good job for a fair price
The Fife
txag2008 said:

cadetjay02 said:

$75 a hole

That seems pretty low
They're in Tijuana.
histag10
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

$4-5k
to do it all, do it all at once. They will haul old stuff away.
Be sure price includes plumber.

If in BCS I have a guy that just did some work for me that did a good job for a fair price

Having them provide a plumber seems odd to me
The Fife
Yep. Hooking up bathroom sinks and faucets is about as easy as it gets.
Tree Hugger
AG
I just paid $65/sf for quartz countertops in my kitchen. I did the demo myself to save $2/sf (I think), ripping out the old laminate was no big deal.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Thanks for the data points guys.
tgivaughn
AG
http://www.homewyse.com/
might give you some ballparks until a countertops guy can visit you
SweaterVest
AG
I paid $47/sq ft for my granite countertops last week in Houston. That included tearout, install, and a stainless under mount sink. I had a couple of complaints about the install but nothing serious. The granite looks great but was on the cheaper end.
JP76
Quartz in general is going to run 50 -100% more than what granite is depending on what colors and edging you choose. Guestimate is $65-$80 sq ft for Quartz.
rononeill
In Houston fab/install will run ~30/SF on top of material. Also keep in mind you'll most likely need to buy the entire slab when pricing the material. Then expect an10-20% markup on their procuring it.
Vgrainger
AG
Not trying to step on any toes, but you are getting a lot of misguided information here. My company does kitchen and bathroom renovations with quartz counters on a weekly basis. Please give me a call and I will come out and give you a free estimate. We can do the entire job, including plumbing. Feel free to check out Envision Renovations online or on facebook. I'm Vince (Class of '08) and my number is 832-528-2873. Look forward to hearing from you.
malibu9in1
50x20 vanity one sink
60x20 tub surround.

1 sheet quartz 800$ total. Guy is installing next tuesday
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.