Leaky shower door

2,302 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by olbondgm
Little Rock Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I purchased a home in July, and there is a problem with the shower in the master bath. The basin is basically level with the floor and the only thing preventing water from leaking is the door sweep. Unfortunately, this is a poor method of keeping the water inside the shower. Are there any quick fixes that can help me? I have considered reworking the door and glass walls, but that is going to take time to pull everything up and install a cultured marble barrier. Thanks for the help
The Fife
Not offhand that I can think of, besides a better sweep. It's something that should have been accounted for during planning.
oldschool87
AG
Put a permenet piece, vinyl down wher the sweep will meet it. Not perfect but should work fine!
CapCity12thMan
AG

how about one of these?
Gary79Ag
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

how about one of these?
Where can you get one of these?
CapCity12thMan
AG
not exactly sure...just googled and found the image. Let me go find where I got that image and maybe it points to what it is called and then to someone who sells.

UPDATE:
Looks like it is called a Bottom Sweep with Drip Rail

https://www.dullesglassandmirror.com/store/36-clear-bottom-sweep-with-drip-rail-for-12-glass-SWP912WS-36.aspx?gclid=COeZm5i65dACFRKewAodSIkIOg

http://www.swisco.com/30-sweep-drip/pd/Lavatory-Replacement-Hardware/10-325?gclid=COjb9cS65dACFQQcaQodSXUOTA

https://jet.com/product/detail/e0338e160c21463690b489b246807103?gclid=CPei-t265dACFRCRaQoduJQMDA

Seems like a fairly cheap solution
Gary79Ag
AG
Thanks CapsCity!!!
CapCity12thMan
AG
I could actually use one of these too...our master bath is really old and the drip ledge rotted off, so the shower door just goes to about 1/8"-1/4" off the curb with no sweep or anything.

Master bath remodel got delayed while we work through a legal issue with contractor who did our other bath remodel, but perhaps I spend $20 on one of these.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Gary79Ag said:

CapCity12thMan said:

how about one of these?
Where can you get one of these?
Home Depot

It fixed the majority of my problem when I converted a tub into a walk-in shower with a frameless door.
Gary79Ag
AG
Thanks to you as well Kenneth!
olbondgm
If you decide to replace your old glass walls with new ones, I'd recommend you to check out the products supplied by Wonder-glass as I personally ordered their glass products. Their glass has clear film, so it makes the water slide down easily. Almost no cleaning work is required after shower.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.