Pest Control Recommendations?

1,295 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Olag00
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in north Austin near 35 and 183. Does anyone have a pest control company that is reasonably priced and does a good job. The main focus will be ants in the yard.

I would also be open to taking DIY tips. I do not have fire ants. They are black and fairly large forming little hills all over the yard. I tried some granular stuff from Lowes a couple months ago but it did not seem to help.
BTMTAT
AG
We used ABC for years out of convenience and don't really have anything good or bad to say about them. When we saw bugs, they took care of them. Really out of sight and mind which is I suppose how you want your pest control company to be. We recently moved a little North and tried a new company. They never came back after visit 1 or returned a couple of calls. So I got my own stuff online and spray myself every 3 months. It works just as good if not better than the results we were getting with the pest control companies and I feel like master of my domain.

The stuff is called BifenIT. Get that and hand pump sprayer. The whole process takes me about 15 minutes every 3 months or so.
permabull
AG
Olag00
AG
I have started doing my own and have had no issues. I use http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/, free shipping and no tax, plus it is professional grade.
BQ2001
AG
What they all said. I wasted a ton of money paying for service. So easy to diy with the site above.
rebel06
AG
Olag00, which products do you buy for normal/routine use?
DeBoss
AG
Definitely use domyownpestcontrol.com. If you go on there, you should be able to pick the type of treatment you want to do, and they have professional recommendations.
Olag00
AG
Its actually been kind of a slippery slope. I started off with BifenIT, then Permethrin SFR 36.8, then Tempo 1% dust and Bellow Hand Duster, and Bifen Granules.

I also bought lawncare products, Prodiamine 65 WDG (Pre-emergent), and Eagle 20EW Fungicide.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.