Mstr Bath/Shower/Closet project

19,843 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wanderer
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you really want his name I'll share, but he's up in the Texas Panhandle just FYI.
txag2008
AG
Been doing lots of trim/baseboard work now that the carpet is all in. Small stuff, but it makes everything look more finished

Like I mentioned earlier, the remodel work has slowed the past few weeks with the Christmas lights going up. There's over 2100 RGB lights animated to broadcast music. You can visit our page at facebook.com/lightsonorangewood for additional information as well as photos and videos of the show.
The Fife
Good lawd!
txag2008
AG
Pretty well all wrapped up with the exception of a mirror, cabinet hardware.......and tiling the shower.

Closet system/shelving. I was able to make the entire closet out of 2 4x8' 3/4" MDF sheets

txag2008
AG
Been awhile since I've updated this.

Recently I've been able to install the heater/fart fan, cabinet hardware, finish trimwork, and get a chuck of the shower tile installed.

The Fife
3 month sticker on the glass as in, there's a 3 month old baby somewhere?

Nice work though. I've slowed down a lot too, mostly because all the hammering tends to wake babies up from their nap.
txag2008
AG
Hah, I couldn't figure out what you meant at first. That glass is from '3 Nations Brewery' in Dallas. I'm ashamed to say that I actually did start the project when my son was 3mo.......he's 10mo now. That definitely hasn't helped with the productivity level.

txag2008
AG
Splash panel installed, walls are grouted, floor pebble tile is in and will be grouted this evening. Aside from some quick grout sealant and installing shower hardware, it'll be ready to use.

txag2008
AG
All grouted. Drying now.

pnut02
The Fife
Does the shower make a mess without a door?
txag2008
AG
That's a good question. I haven't actually ran the shower, waiting until I caulk the corners (and install the rain head). Hoping for the best.
txag2008
AG
The bathroom has been pretty well done for the last month or so, but just getting around to some final pictures. Happy to report that we don't have a splash issue with the rain head and no shower door.

I'm all in for just over $6800, slightly more than my original WAG of $6k

Some Before/After pictures

dubi
AG
I love it!
wanderer

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.