Golf Trip Destinations - 8 Buddies

4,712 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Milkman
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Milkman said:

We couldn't get the tee times we wanted for the dates that worked for our group at Pinehurst so we're doing Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Southern Pines and Tobacco Road instead. Was hoping with 7 months notice we'd be able to get 36 holes in on late July Saturday but nope. Next time.

Amazing value at the Pines courses. It works out to $750 per person for two nights at the mid pines hotel, and all four rounds.

Did you book through tobacco road travel ? Or yourself?
The Milkman
AG
Myself. Called up Pine Needles
The Milkman
AG
Just found out that Tobacco Road will be aerating the week leading up to when I was supposed to be playing it. Really disappointed. Not sure if its worth it to play it when its going to be in such banged up shape.

What would yall replace it with? Pine Needles and Mid Pines are the next day, and Southern Pines the day after that before getting on the road.
aggie_wes
AG
Do you need a 9th friend?
Duckhook
AG
The Milkman said:

Just found out that Tobacco Road will be aerating the week leading up to when I was supposed to be playing it. Really disappointed. Not sure if its worth it to play it when its going to be in such banged up shape.

What would yall replace it with? Pine Needles and Mid Pines are the next day, and Southern Pines the day after that before getting on the road.

They offer any kind of break on the green fee for playing after aeration?

If it finishes the day before, that's one thing. But if it finishes 3 or 4 days previously and they're offering a nice break on green fees, I would still consider it.
The Milkman
AG
They're closed during it obviously, but I'm not sure if there is any downtime at all for regrowth while they are closed. The day we had planned for it is the first day they're reopened.

No discounted rate. $175
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.