Battery powered blower

4,732 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tx_Aggie15
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a green energy topic. But it's about greens.

Thinking about carrying one to blow leaves and seeds off the greens around my putting line.

Rule issues?

I would also like one for around the house for light blowing instead of using the backpack Stihl.

Any y'all use one with decent result?
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/v8jYXMc3/Xy66wFs.png[/img]
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Wow.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Wow.

You wouldn't understand unless you saw these greens .....we spend more time removing leaves than putting.
Muy
AG
Just max every green at 2 putts outside of 3 feet.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Oh look it....USGA has addressed it

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/course-care/green-section-record/60/20/on-demand-leaf-removal.html
1990AG
AG
Quote:

AggieDruggist89 said:
Thinking about carrying one to blow leaves and seeds off the greens around my putting line.

I play a LOT of golf...I don't know who you play with, but in our group, this would get you banned even if we liked you.

This is the textbook definition of "Come on Man"....

AggieDruggist89
AG
1990AG said:

Quote:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I play a LOT of golf...I don't know who you play with, but in our group, this would get you banned even if we liked you.

Where do you live and golf?

Even if I didn't like you, I'd blow the leaves and seeds off your line.

Or would you rather everyone sweep the green with their towels for a few minutes for every green covered in leaves??
1990AG
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

1990AG said:

Quote:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Where do you live and golf?

Even if I didn't like you, I'd blow the leaves and seeds off your line.

Or would you rather everyone sweep the green with their towels for a few minutes for every green covered in leaves??
LOL...I live in Georgia. Peachtree City, to be exact(check it out online, we live golf). Maybe our green staff is better, or maybe we manicure our trees further away from the greens....

Either way, if someone shows up in our group with a battery powered blower, it would never make it back to the clubhouse in workable order....

Would be hilarious to watch!

AgOutsideAustin
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Rule issues?

I would also like one for around the house for light blowing instead of using the backpack Stihl.

Lol just use your MISIG to plow a line
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm glad I inject some lighthearted amusement to y'all's otherwise mundane lives ..mofos...
jj9000
AG
Why stop at the battery powered blower?

Roll up to the 1st tee with your full backpack that you mentioned in OP.

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts"
Ag_07
AG
This has to be a troll
Obi Wan Ginobili
There's at least two golf courses that keep one on every green for this exact reason. I would never do this, but I would be laughing so hard watching my cart partner do it that I wouldn't be capable of anger
AggieDruggist89
AG
Ag_07 said:

This has to be a troll
It's not.

I was in a match weekend before. About 6 of the greens were heavily covered with leaves even though they must have been blown off earlier. And the amount of seeds made it impossible to putt. I had a solid chip that ricocheted off seeds then stopped 20 feet before the hole. My opponent and I spent a lot of time brushing off the debris on the green.

If you have never played in this environment, then you just can't imagine it.

We are actually going to suggest they leave blowers around the greens next season.
JYDog90
AG
Where is this?
Formerly Willy Wonka
AggieDruggist89
AG
Per USGA article below. It's an issue I've not encountered for the past 41 years of golf. But it impacts my course in Central Virginia.

Quote:

Fall weather can provide some of the best conditions for playing the last few rounds of the season. However, leaves and other tree debris on putting greens can be a nuisance and have a negative impact on the golf experience.

Maintenance teams dedicate a significant amount of time each day to leaf cleanup in the fall. However, since leaves continue dropping throughout the day golfers will inevitably reach a putting green where enough debris has fallen to make putting difficult. On a windy day, greens can get completely covered in leaves again just minutes after being blown off!

A simple solution observed on a Course Consulting Service visit is to invest in a few battery-powered blowers and position them at greens where leaf debris is the worst. Golfers then have the option to clear their line of any debris before they putt. Battery-powered blowers are easy to operate, eliminate the risk of a gas spill and are quiet enough that other golfers will not be disrupted while they're in use.

It will not be long until the snow begins to fly in the northern part of the Central Region. Golfers who have the opportunity to play a few more times before the end of the year should not be discouraged by leaves or other tree debris. After all, this is just one way the weather influences the game of golf.

Ag_07
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

We are actually going to suggest they leave blowers around the greens next season.

Now that's different than you showing up to the course with leaf blower in tow.
b_rad
AG
AD89….why don't you get your caddie to sweep a clean putting line for you?
AggieDruggist89
AG
b_rad said:

AD89….why don't you get your caddie to sweep a clean putting line for you?

I will make sure the caddie is fully versed in how to properly operate a battery powered blower!
bowhuntr
Just saw a picture the other day of a club that had them on every green…we're not talking about blowing the entire green, just a quick run down the putt line. Better than waiting for someone to pick it all by hand. Not sure if I would use it often but I had a match a few weeks ago where there were 2-3 greens that had seeds the size of pebbles all through my putt line of 20-30 feet.
AggieDruggist89
AG
bowhuntr said:

Just saw a picture the other day of a club that had them on every green…we're not talking about blowing the entire green, just a quick run down the putt line. Better than waiting for someone to pick it all by hand. Not sure if I would use it often but I had a match a few weeks ago where there were 2-3 greens that had seeds the size of pebbles all through my putt line of 20-30 feet.

Thank you, exactly!
bowhuntr
The picture I saw had the newer, small compact blowers, so it wasn't so noticeable.
antman8504
AG
I wouldn't bring one with me but if someone else in my group did, no big deal to me lol
AgOutsideAustin
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Rule issues?

Your new rig ?

Baby Billy
AG
Use your hat like everyone else.
WestTexAG
AG
We have a guy in our club that carries one in his personal cart. This time of year, people enjoy being paired with him because of it. It definitely saves time over sweeping the line with your hat, and does a better job.
Duckhook
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Rule issues?

Your new rig ?

Wow, what a rig. Most personal golf carts don't have that many accessories. Looks like he had to attach extra wheels to keep it from tipping back.
aggiedent
AG
Druggist, I spent hours researching this for you by consulting all the experts in the industry. You're welcome.

Turns out all the old (pre-70's) technology is every bit as good as the modern stuff. Therefore the universal recommendation was a hand crank blower, just like this.

Obi Wan Ginobili
aggiedent said:

Druggist, I spent hours researching this for you by consulting all the experts in the industry. You're welcome.

Turns out all the old (pre-70's) technology is every bit as good as the modern stuff. Therefore the universal recommendation was a hand crank blower, just like this.

Pleas take video of you getting after it with the hand crank and post it here!
Kansas Kid
I think I will just get one of these and eliminate all debris in my line by moving the hole 1" from my ball. Given my putting skill, I should be able to one putt half the greens that way.
evestor1
Awsome thread. We should develop a cart fan that can be used in the winter as a leaf blower and heater!

I hit a red oak leaf last week on a 10' birdie put. Greens were rolling fast. Ball hit the leaf just before the hole...stopped ball by spinning a revolution with it and sent it backwards. My par put was 7'
AggieDruggist89
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Rule issues?

Your new rig ?

I have the same pushcart and happy to see I can attach the blower!

But you won't see me with a Titleist bag unless it's on sale for $49.99
AggieDruggist89
AG
Bizarro Jerry said:

Use your hat like everyone else.
You don't get it. It's not just leaves but also seeds.

And we use our towels.

But ok... I'd bet you'd love to wait around to hit your 2nd shot while the group in front of you walk around sweeping the green with their hat.
AggieDruggist89
AG
WestTexAG said:

We have a guy in our club that carries one in his personal cart. This time of year, people enjoy being paired with him because of it. It definitely saves time over sweeping the line with your hat, and does a better job.
I'm going to be that guy next season!

Picked up a Ryobi !
AggieDruggist89
AG
evestor1 said:

Awsome thread. We should develop a cart fan that can be used in the winter as a leaf blower and heater!

I hit a red oak leaf last week on a 10' birdie put. Greens were rolling fast. Ball hit the leaf just before the hole...stopped ball by spinning a revolution with it and sent it backwards. My par put was 7'
I understand your pain.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.