Looking to buy Kids golf clubs for Christmas

1,955 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MarylandAG
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Morning Gents,

Looking for recommendations or even used clubs I guess.

My son is 8 yrs old and 48" tall, I am looking to get him a 5 or 7 piece set to start getting a bit more serious about learning and playing. He has been out a few times with me and seemed to really enjoy it so I figured it was worth an investment. He currently has a small 3 piece set

My daughter is 6 and 43", she has never serious tried and part of that is because she is a lefty and we have no clubs for that. I was thinking more of a simple 3 piece set for her for now to see how it goes and then she can move up if she seems to enjoy it.

Where do yall recommend looking for a set that would work well for them, I looked online at Golf Galaxy and PGA store and both sell youth sets but they're pushing close to $300 which maybe I am wrong, but seems a bit much for a set of clubs that isn't going to last more than a couple years at most. Just because of size.
EliteElectric
My daughter is 8 and she has this set

Pretty good sticks for her, in the spring she'll get fitting for the Taylormade stuff because I know the rep, but the Calloway stuff has been great.
EliteElectric
Those were like 400, but in fairness our daughter has been playing since she was 2 and even plays ProV1 ladies balls lol

She hits a driver 175 as an 8yo girl so better equipment is more necessary for her, for a beginner I would buy a couple of individual clubs and put training grips on them

EliteElectric
Here is a video of her smashing that driver 170 onto a green at A&M

EliteElectric
I looked and found pics of her old clubs, bought them individually at D&J golf here in Bryan, like 10-20 per club, then had training grips put on them. That is really important I believe, they can't play tourneys with them but it will set them up with a neutral grip that will last a lifetime. Our daughter is a 2 handicap (from her tees) and I credit those grips with a lot of her success.

fishorgolf
Lonestar,

If you are in the BCS area, I have some older junior clubs that I would be willing to donate to your junior golfers. I recently purchased some Ping junior sets for my programs and no longer have a need for most of my older clubs. I probably have a couple of left-handed clubs as well.

EE,

Your daughter has a great swing. Is she participating in the STPGA Little Linksters tournaments?
EliteElectric
fishorgolf said:

Lonestar,

If you are in the BCS area, I have some older junior clubs that I would be willing to donate to your junior golfers. I recently purchased some Ping junior sets for my programs and no longer have a need for most of my older clubs. I probably have a couple of left-handed clubs as well.

EE,

Your daughter has a great swing. Is she participating in the STPGA Little Linksters tournaments?

Not yet, op36 with Coach Wendi for now but plan on littleblinksters in the spring. She loves to compete.
MW03
AG
I went through this last year. I had been looking at US Kids, but I ended up getting a great deal off Nextdoor. I found a used US Kids set that was the right size, and I paid $50 total for a driver, putter, 9 iron, wedge, and a like-new bag. I'd look there if your neighborhood is on there. Facebook marketplace had a lot of options as well. I ended up adding a "yard club" trainer from PGA Superstore as well.

I think that set new from US Kids would have run about $300 to piece out.

https://www.uskidsgolf.com/ultralight

clobby
AG
PGA TOUR G1 Series Junior Golf Club Set, 7 Piece, Large, Right Hand

$68 doesnt look bad.
jj9000
AG
Seriously...stick with US Kids at this age.

There are many "toy" sets out there.

US Kids makes a quality product.
EliteElectric
The Callaway and Ping stuff is solid too, just a little more $$
DeBoss
AG
My son started playing at 5 and has always used US Kids. Really happy with their products and they are pretty easy to resale. They are based upon height so it's hard to screw up.
- If you are going to do something stupid, be smart about it.
MarylandAG
US Kids, they sell them based on height so easy to put them in the right set. They have two lines, the Ultra Lites for when they are starting out and have slower swing speeds then the Tour Series when they advance. Besides USKids the other kids clubs that are well regarded are the Ping Prodi G's, they will be custom fit and come with one free reshaft as they grow, so although more expensive it is like buy two sets. I have a daughter that just turned 13, she has only been playing for a year and a half but loves it, she plays USKids Tour Series irons, wedges, hybrids, fairway woods and putter. She used to play the driver but recently got fitted into a Callaway Rogue driver. I would recommend USKids.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.