*** LIV - Portland ***

7,174 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 98Ag99Grad
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quinn
AG
i really hope that the Fireballs can pull through with the win this week!
AgLA06
AG
I knew it was in Portland, but I didn't make the connection of being on Pacific time until I opened this thread.

I was really looking forward to morning golf.

Groups 1-3 and 16-18 are quality.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I dunno, that Hennie du Plessis group is looking strong. Maybe the only thing stronger is the poor sap who has to carry around the score sign with all those letters on it.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Just looked up the teams for this week.. The 4 Aces has to be one of the favorites. They have:

DJ
Patrick Reed
Pat Perez
Talor Gooch

Not sure how all those guys ended up on the same team, but you gotta be happy to be a part of that team.
AgLA06
AG
Eugenio Lopez-Chacarra, Phachara Khongwatmai, and Itthipat Buranatanyarat would like a word.
Trucker 96
Texas Ag 15 said:

Just looked up the teams for this week.. The 4 Aces has to be one of the favorites. They have:

DJ
Patrick Reed
Pat Perez
Talor Gooch

Not sure how all those guys ended up on the same team, but you gotta be happy to be a part of that team.

They are gaming the teams upfront. Did the same thing in the 1st tournament
AgOutsideAustin
AG
It's in Oregon so LIV might let the boys fire up some fatties on course !
jja79
AG
Draft is only for the spares. The big money players get to make their own teams. The team competition is scam.
jonj101
Small feature, but I like the mic placement in the cup.
98Ag99Grad
AG
looks like a decent size crowd out there.
clobby
AG
Vamos bolas de fuego!!!
jja79
AG
I have this on one of my monitors at my desk out of curiosity. Jerry Foltz has a bright future as a carnival barker.
Forum Troll
AG
Liking this course.
_lefraud_
AG

Bunk Moreland
Forum Troll said:

Liking this course.

I like the way the cameras are capturing the sight lines and views.
Texas Ag 15
AG
This is a super nice course. Played it a couple times as I have family in Portland area. Lots of Nike employees belong to this course.
txaggie05
AG
Not hating watching this. Especially compared to the "field" at the JDC.
AgfromHOU
AG
I've been watching since it started this afternoon. I don't hate it. If there were different circumstances around this league then I bet it would really take off.

I actually like the shotgun start more than I thought I would. Love this golf course, so it's cool that the league is going to places we haven't seen on tour.
jja79
AG
Texas Ag 15 said:

This is a super nice course. Played it a couple times as I have family in Portland area. Lots of Nike employees belong to this course.

Aren't they playing a mix of holes from 2 different courses?
Matsui
AG
Yes
Texas Ag 15
AG
Yes. There's one private and one public. Witch Hollow is the private course vs Pumpkin Ridge is the public. Both really good courses, and beautiful to play. The club house has photos of Tiger when he won the amateur there.
jja79
AG
_lefraud_ said:

One off I think. You have some PGA Tour players in Europe this week. Several spots in the Open up for grabs at both JDC and Irish Open.

LIV is 54 holes no cut. Different set of rules than the tournaments that award points.
Forum Troll
AG
Scoreboard much improved this week. No weird three letter initials anymore.
_lefraud_
AG
I didn't see any PGAT fixture playing in Ireland this week.

The LIV field is exponentially better than it was a few weeks ago, and you're kidding yourself if you think it's not going to continue to grow.

Interesting enough is that some of the LIV players from London are playing in Ireland this week…guess the DP World Tour didn't get the memo from Jay and the PGAT.
jja79
AG
I thought they weren't allowed in the Scottish Open. Don't remember anything about a ban in the Irish.
AgfromHOU
AG
I read that the DPWT only banned players for the 3 PGA co-sanctioned events, and fined the LIV guys $100k. I saw Kaymer was playing recently on the tour.
Trucker 96
Guys are traveling to play the Scottish and British back to back. The top players aren't interested in playing 3 weeks in a row when it involves with a cross-Atlantic flight to hustle after the Deere Sunday night to prep for the Scottish. The Scottish is a co-sanctioned event this year with 72 spots filled by PGAT players and 72 by DP Tour. Tons of guys making that trip this year.
Rubble
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Might be the dumbest tweet I've seen on this subject.

Now do the Scottish Open field vs a shotgun start beer drinking league?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Carlos Ortiz. Misses 7 of 11 cuts coming in, best finish is around 40th, but he gets a nice sign-on bonus and is now leading this thing LOL. Living the dream.
Quinn
AG
The LIV field is getting better and will continue to improve, but comparing it to the worst fields of the PGA regular season is silly. For now, all the top ranked players are still on the PGA Tour as well as the young stars. That could certainly change, though.
The Shank Ag
Just like the first LIV event, first few groups full of names, last few groups full of names, nothing in the middle.
CyclingAg82
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Carlos Ortiz. Misses 7 of 11 cuts coming in, best finish is around 40th, but he gets a nice sign-on bonus and is now leading this thing LOL. Living the dream.
Past winner of Shell Houston Open when it moved to Memorial. Capable of playing well and winning.
jonj101
Liking the drone footage of the holes. Intro & graphics nice as well.
AgLA06
AG
Tactical Retreat Day Lol!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.