Wolfdancer-Cedar Creek, TX

2,248 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
MarylandAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posting from the rocking chairs in front of the pro shop...daughter just wrapped up a Little Linksters tournament only got to see the back 9. Beautiful course, a bear to walk it, especially from that elevated par 3 in the back to the next hole. Course is in great shape. I can see they are expanding it. Left Cypress at 4:45 am, totally worth it just to see it. Give it a shot if you are near!!!
DGrimesAg92
Good golf course.

My son has walked that course a few times, as a Jr, in 100 degree heat and in 40 degree cold...it's a bear to walk in any condition!!

Next time, stay the night and let the kids do the lazy river!!
AustinCountyAg
Expanding?
EliteElectric
Yeah the stay and play is the way to go on that course. We participate in the Children's Miracle Network tourney there every September (haven't had it since 2020 IIRC due to covid) and that's how we were introduced to it way back. We usually stay and play 2 rounds, as mentioned the lazy river and bar/steakhouse are cool well worth the visit.
MarylandAG
That lazy river sure looked inviting coming of the 18th. Also, maybe expanding isn't the right word since I don't know the course, but we were on the driving range up the hill from the clubhouse, and there is clearly construction going on, you can see a new green and fairway going in just past entrance to the range. I assumed they were adding to it.
XpressAg09
AG
Discount Code:

Wolfdancer Golf Shop <alerts@teetimeinfo.com>
Thu, Oct 15, 2020, 9:04 AM
to me
We hope you enjoyed your Wolfdancer experience and found the course as challenging and breathtaking as we find it everyday.
Use this PromoCode: 'TAME THE WOLF' when booking your next tee time with us. Call the golf shop at 512-308-4770 and mention the promo during booking.
---This promotional code is 20% off the current rack rate and does not apply to discounted web rates, third party tee time specials, or tournaments.---
CapCity12thMan
AG
The new changes are:

Old holes 15-18 go away. Old 10-14 become the new 14-18 and the new 10-13 are brand new holes that run along current 9 and 8.

I have a pic I will share later

I heard they are expanding the water park where the current 15-18 are.
AustinCountyAg
Interesting. Hopefully they do it right and don't just squeeze in some crap holes
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
15-18 were forgettable compared to the front 9 anyways
Poot
Agreed on 15-18, for the most part… but I did like 16 and 18. Front 9 is definitely the meat of that course though.
CapCity12thMan
AG
oldag00
AG
Thanks for the picture.
CapCity12thMan
AG
have also been told there are some slight modifications to those four new holes, maybe not all of them but some - bunkering, tee box positions, etc. but the general layout is what you see.
Poot
The new 10 looks like a vicious hole...
kerrag06
AG
We played the course last summer one afternoon. I was extremely impressed. Not many people out there at the time probably due to the heat. But we 100% felt like it was worth the drive from San Antonio. Hope to go back again soon.
CapCity12thMan
AG
the most vicious hole out there IMHO is the old 10th/new 14th, followed by the old 13th/new 17th.

10th for the tee shot AND approach and the 13th for the approach
Poot
For some reason, I never had a problem with the old 10, but I damn sure had trouble with the old 13th/new 17th. That's an extremely penal shot for the type of club that you have into that hole.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I think the final stretch of the new 14-18 is pretty enticing. 2 difficult par 4s, an easier par 4, a scenic par 3 and a thought provoking par 5. I always thought the old 16 and 17 were kinda meh, especially 16
dcrewint
https://link.shutterfly.com/YcuD2JV4lsb

https://link.shutterfly.com/bopgyhZ4lsb

https://link.shutterfly.com/gPsRhd14lsb

These are the pics I took yesterday. Looks pretty sweet. The guy at the clubhouse told me the par 5 with be over 650 from the tips. I asked if there would be a huge downhill slope and he confirmed it would have a large downhill from tee to green.
CapCity12thMan
AG
thx for sending. Hopefully you didn't run on the course
dcrewint
I was in a cart

But after taking the pics I did run back to my cart lol
C ROC N
I played there last week and got to walk around by the new holes. I believe the Wolf just got a little more bite! The new holes will probably increase the slope rating!! The last 4 holes is where i could usually get a couple strokes back, but Now it will be a test throughout.
dcrewint
In order to guard against hitting it to the right I pulled my tee shot on 17 into the far left bunker. This resulted in only my 2nd birdie on hole 17 and my first hole-out from the sand since March. I was thinking of your post as I stood with both my arms up and no one within 4 holes.
AustinCountyAg
what kind of shape the course in right now?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.