Nick Faldo retiring from the booth

1,910 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old School Brother
He says retiring from "full broadcast schedule".....maybe to go do a "part time schedule" with LIV.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
"I would like to have seen Montana."
E
AG
I don't blame him! He's rich, at retirement age 65, and has a new wife (who used to be a "dancer")....
kelkel25
E said:

I don't blame him! He's rich, at retirement age 65, and has a new wife (who used to be a "dancer")....
Which means at some point, he'll be less rich than he is now...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Between his playing career and now this, Faldo has definitely been the type to be ready to move on vs milking it. Restecp
oragator
I read at some point that between he and his new wife they have a total of 11 marriages. So I am not thinking the odds are with them.
E
AG
He's trying to strike while the iron is hot!
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is #4 for him. Anything after 2 and I gotta ask "why??????" You tried, it failed. You tried again, it failed. Time to just accept this just isn't your thing
Old School Brother
E said:

Seems like exactly the kind of woman who would love to move to a farm in Montana and hang out with Sir Nick all day. She'll be pushing him out the door to LIV in no time.
JCA1
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

This is #4 for him. Anything after 2 and I gotta ask "why??????" You tried, it failed. You tried again, it failed. Time to just accept this just isn't your thing
He's the golf Billy Mumphrey. A cock-eyed optimist. Unbridled enthusiam. That was his downfall.
Old School Brother
JCA1 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

He's the golf Billy Mumphrey. A cock-eyed optimist. Unbridled enthusiam. That was his downfall.
Thank you, Kramer!
Van Buren Boy
AG
JCA1 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Famous Shoes
AG
RJCA1 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

This is really funny!
'03ag
AgOutsideAustin said:

"I would like to have seen Montana."
No papers. State to state.
Matsui
AG
Congrats to him. I enjoyed him in the booth.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I respect him.

He's one of the few who's been able to completely make a swing change mid career from a long flowing 70's reverse C to what we would consider a modern Dog wags the tail swing working with Leadbetter. Took him 2 years to make the change. I don't know anyone else who made a drastic swing change successfully maybe Hogan after the accident.

Of course we mortals think we can make a swing change with a bucket of balls at the range. We really can't. I realized after hitting tens of thousands balls on the simulator, I cannot make a meaningful swing change other than little things here and there. So I've decided to only work on tempo and balance. And never ever look at the video of my swing.

Hated Faldo in Ryder Cups but loved watching him hit 18 fairways and greens in one of the Opens he won. And enjoyed watching him play the Masters when Norman choked it away.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.