San Antonio Golf

5,574 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
weakeagle21 said:

cjsag94 said:

Other than Lajitas, of course!

Lajitas is at least 6 hours from San Antonio.

easy day trip
jja79
AG
weakeagle21 said:

cjsag94 said:

You need to Texags more frequently.
Poot
jja79 said:

weakeagle21 said:

cjsag94 said:

You need to Texags more frequently.

This… Golf Forum lingo… Lajitas is day trip from SA. It's a well established fact around here, because it's happened… at least once that we know of.
option short side
AG
GuitarAg08 said:

Haven't played cedar creek since March when it took 4 hrs and 5 minutes to finish the front 9.

Also, they may look better now, but the greens were in awful shape the last time I played.

It is a fun/challenging track, but I just got tired of dealing with their crap. It's probably the most poorly managed course on the Alamo City trail. Shame because it's 5 miles from my house.

I'd recommend La Cantera, or even Alsatian in Castroville wouldn't be a bad drive at all from the Hyatt. Maybe 20 minutes or so if I had to guess. Fun little course.

Cedar has bad management but mission del lago is by far the worst managed. Last time i was out there they let a fivesone with two walkers jump on. This was a saturday. I onky made it 6 holes before calling it quits
DGrimesAg92
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

BLSD said:

Olmos Basin is complete and is good shape.

Brackenridge is a no, terrible condition.

The Quarry is good.

Canyon Springs is good.

Vaaler Creek is great - definitely worth the drive. (Blanco)

Bandit is good. (New Braunfels)

Landa Park is meh. (New Braunfels)

Buckhorn is good. (Comfort)

La Cantera is good, but resorty.

Tapatio Springs is meh.

Golf Club of Texas is not bad.

Cedar Creek is meh.

Sonterra is horrible, but private.

TPC Oaks or Canyons is superb and very affordable.

Fair Oaks, Briggs Ranch, Comanche Trace (Kerrville), River Hills (Kerrville), Oak Hills, River Crossing, The Dominion, Cordillera Ranch, SA Country Club are all great courses, but private.

Everything about this I agree with except for Landa Park. Fun, short course and you wouldn't believe how good of condition they keep that little course

I've never played it, but I've pushed a cart around that course at least 20 times in Jr tournaments. Great condition would be a stretch, but generally the greens are above average. Its very short, with a couple quirky holes, but I wouldn't tell someone NOT to play it.
SW AG80
AG
Before COVID hit. Around 4-5 years ago I think.
Prexys Moon
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

From La Cantera I would drive out to Comfort and play The Buckhorn. Fun layout.
Sorry to hear about the condition at Canyon Springs.
San Antonio golf was really hurt when Pecan Valley and The Republic both closed. They were my favorites.

what happened to pecan valley?
SW AG80
AG
They abandoned that property years ago. Maybe 8 years. Gave very little notice so I was not able to get on it and play it one last time. It is still one of my favorite tracks of all time.

I have not been by there (no reason to go to that area without PV being there) but they were going to build some houses up close to Southcross and PV streets. Can't build down where the course was because it is a flood zone. Don't know if they have done any building there yet.
E
AG
E said:

We were planning on staying at La Cantera the weekend of 8/6 for my bday and I was gonna play the resort course, but I had a wild hair to check the aeration schedule and they are supposed to do it on 8/4...

Gonna need another place to play at
Dammit! we switched to Canyon Springs and they punched today! No advertisement anywhere...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

They abandoned that property years ago. Maybe 8 years. Gave very little notice so I was not able to get on it and play it one last time. It is still one of my favorite tracks of all time.

I have not been by there (no reason to go to that area without PV being there) but they were going to build some houses up close to Southcross and PV streets. Can't build down where the course was because it is a flood zone. Don't know if they have done any building there yet.
As of last year, nothing was developed. They have made several runs at turning it into a 9 hole track with housing for veterans but the developer keeps having money problems. I got to walk areas of the "course" and it was really sad to know where you were and it seemed like you were in alternate universe.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.