Free set of new Titleist T-iron of choice... New club...

2,520 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, I'm no longer in Monterey. Even though my home base is still Northern Cal, I now work in Central Virginia hour away from Charlottesville.

Living in a cool downtown loft and also joined a club. $1,250 initiation and $195 per month unlimited golf including range balls. They set up balls in a pyramid. And the membership drive special was the free set of Titleist. So I ordered a $1,488 set. This is the last course Sam Snead helped design. One of the most fun course I've ever played.

Been here for a little over 3 weeks. And the Wednesday league started last week!

AggieDruggist89
AG
I am gifting the iron set to a buddy.
Duckhook
AG
Holy cow, what an unbelievable deal. Good for you!
DadAG10
I need +1.5 and 1* upright.

Thanks!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
That course looks awesome.
98Ag99Grad
AG
$195/mo for that?! If it looks like that in real life you are living the good life sir. What a deal
AggieDruggist89
AG
Here's the drone video before the $1.7 million bunker renovation. Bunkers are so nice, it's a pleasure hitting out of it. Currently doing serious major renovations with unbelievable outhouses etc.

https://poplargrovegolf.com/

clobby
AG
Awesome
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I hate you.
I hate your buddy.

Good for you.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Y'all will hate more.

So this is a failed private club and now a public course but with green fees above $100, public rarely plays.

And there are barely over 100 members and about 75 regularly play. On Sunday, when I teed off at 3pm, there were 4 golfers on the entire course.

My Rate is guaranteed for 2 years.

Every hole is different and has elevation changes. I lucked into this one.

Here's Par three 13th, about 160 but downhill followed by driveable Par 4, 14th.

98Ag99Grad
AG
I know it gets colder there than here in TX but how many months are considered unplayable?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Jan and Feb are cold but not unplayable as long as it's sunny and not snow covered.

Weather is mild here.
Bad Poster
AggieDruggist89 said:

Y'all will hate more.

So this is a failed private club and now a public course but with green fees above $100, public rarely plays.

And there are barely over 100 members and about 75 regularly play. On Sunday, when I teed off at 3pm, there were 4 golfers on the entire course.

My Rate is guaranteed for 2 years.

Every hole is different and has elevation changes. I lucked into this one.

Here's Par three 13th, about 160 but downhill followed by driveable Par 4, 14th.

That course wont look that good for much longer if they only charge $200/month and they dont get many people coming to the course.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I just need it to look good for the next 2 years. The owner dumped a load of money into it. Some speculation that they're trying to sell the course to Liberty University. And LU is loaded. They own this town and has over 100,000 online students..
Broncos
AggieDruggist89 said:

I am gifting the iron set to a buddy.
Can I be your buddy?
AggieDruggist89
REMARCH11
AG
You have to go and play Devil's Knob if you haven't done so yet. It's over at Wintergreen resort………it's absolutely a bucket list course.

It's one of the more challenging courses I have ever played, but it's stunningly beautiful.
AggieDruggist89
AG
REMARCH11 said:

You have to go and play Devil's Knob if you haven't done so yet. It's over at Wintergreen resort………it's absolutely a bucket list course.

It's one of the more challenging courses I have ever played, but it's stunningly beautiful.
Oh yeah....been there but didn't play. One of my favorite shirts is from Wintergreen. That course looks wicked...I will need to bring 2 dozens of balls and hope I find some more, to finish 9. Will definitely play. Wintergreen is a little under an hour drive.

Best courses I've played in VA are Primland, Greenbriar (TPC) and Snead (I know..it's really in WV), Virginian..
And yeah, Bally Hack -Dormie course...it's a micky mouse course.

This is my 2nd time in VA. And My buddy Gorilla (MISIG) and I are still the defending champs of Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech member/guest! I kinda feel like Al Bundy and Polk High...
REMARCH11
AG
Love VA, I was stationed there for 3 years, got to play all over the state, but mainly in the Norfolk Williamsburg area. DK is an incredible course, it's cut right along side the mountain side with some incredible views. It's definitely not a course you can walk, would take about 8 hours if you did. Some of the holes are spread pretty far apart.

You'll enjoy it for sure, it took me 6 holes to figure out how to play it. When I played it, the greens we're super fast and extremely firm, which surprised me for a mountain course………oh and they have some wicked breaks.
The Milkman
AG
We'll have to set up a Texags Golf meet up for the mid atlantic contingent this summer or fall. I nominate that Devil's Knob. Looks awesome

I'm in Baltimore, but my office is in Arlington. Make trips into the rest of north and central VA often for meetings.
AggieDruggist89
AG
It's here. Very pretty but I have no desire to even swing it. Getting it over to my buddy.
clobby
AG
Love how those irons look.
Matsui
AG
What's the name of the course you joined?
AggieDruggist89
AG
https://poplargrovegolf.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.