Pebble Beach

1,525 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dcrewint
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never been. Is it possible to play there as a single without staying at the resort? (If it's possible I'd assume they'd pair me up with others and I'm good with that.) Wasn't sure if that was a possibility. I'll be nearby in the summer for a day or 2 and my wife has told me to look into it.
JCA1
AG
Pretty sure you can't make a tee time until 24 hours before unless you stay at the resort. So, you'd basically be hoping to walk on. But I think, as a single, you have a pretty good chance.
TXAGGIES
just but your bag on your back and walk down 17 mile until you find an open hole
Duckhook
AG
Call them a day ahead of time and it's possible you can get paired with a group the next day.
dcrewint
Thanks gentlemen!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pandemic demand may have changed things, but I played it as a single in May 2017 and June 2018. The first time, I called about 10 days out partly just to confirm the 24 hour policy and how the process worked, but the guy offered on his own to look at the tee sheet and book me as long as it wasn't real busy. He booked me as the first tee time of the day, and I was alone with no one going off after me for 30 minutes. I had Pebble all to myself. Totally surreal.

The 2nd time I called about a week out to see if I could pull the same bit. This girl wasn't going to offer on her own, but I told her I was going to be on a flight the day before and would be very appreciative if she might make an exception. She did, and again, I had the first tee time of the day. Although things were busier this time and I played with a twosome and another single. The single had called the day before so my strategy wasnt necessary, but it was nice knowing when i'd be playing further in advance.
dcrewint
If I lived in California and was a high schooler I might entertain the idea.
jckrjr7
AG
Teeing off tomorrow as a single but staying at the resort. Will report back
JCA1
AG
jckrjr7 said:

Teeing off tomorrow as a single but staying at the resort. Will report back

It's a heckuva walk. Enjoy.

And go stand on the edge of the cliff on 8 where Spieth hit this shot to see how crazy this was.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33225201
dcrewint
The time frame in which I could play didn't match what they had available at Pebble. However, they fit me in with three other singles at Spyglass. 3 of us had the name Mike and I played a pretty special round. 5 birdies. Back to back on 3&4. One of the other Mike's was struggling after 13 he just left. Weather was absolutely lovely. Was never hot or cold which I'm not accustomed to while wearing pants.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Walked off Spyglass ? Wow he's an idiot.
lazuras_dc
AG
How far in advance do they book tee times ? I imagine staying there increases your selection and timeframe for getting a tee time ?
dcrewint
I called a day before and they couldn't get me in Pebble. Called right back and they said Spyglass the next morning or Pebble in 2 days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.