Saudi Golf League

276,321 Views | 3963 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by AgLA06
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RogerFurlong said:

It's got everything to do with LIV. Not sure how you can say this doesn't have anything to do with it.

No, no. We just don't understand.
JCA1
AG
RogerFurlong said:

It's got everything to do with LIV. Not sure how you can say this doesn't have anything to do with it.

LIV proved that the PIF was willing to spend billions over the long term to force their way into golf and that got the PGAT to come to the table. I'll give you that. But other than the PIF's unlimited money, I don't see think the actual results of LIV played a role.

I mean, let's recap. PIF is not LIV. It backs LIV, in addition to countless other investments. Today, the PIF decided to financially back LIV's main competitors, agreed to allow LIV golfers to return to the PGAT, Norman looks like he's out of a job, and the entire league may fold. So tell me again how LIV somehow stuck it to the Tour?

If I worked for a company who's primary backer signed a huge deal with our competitor, told us we could start looking around, canned our CEO, and created the impression the whole thing might close down, I wouldn't consider that a banner day.
AgLA06
AG
JCA1 said:

RogerFurlong said:

LIV proved that the PIF was willing to spend billions over the long term to force their way into golf and that got the PGAT to come to the table. I'll give you that. But other than the PIF's unlimited money, I don't see think the actual results of LIV played a role.

I mean, let's recap. PIF is not LIV. It backs LIV, in addition to countless other investments. Today, the PIF decided to financially back LIV's main competitors, agreed to allow LIV golfers to return to the PGAT, Norman looks like he's out of a job, and the entire league may fold. So tell me again how LIV somehow stuck it to the Tour?

If I worked for a company who's primary backer signed a huge deal with our competitor, told us we could start looking around, canned our CEO, and created the impression the whole thing might close down, I wouldn't consider that a banner day.

PIF entire goal through LIV was to dethrown PGA leadership. They now own them and control the future of golf .

Anything else is just spin to help you sleep at night.
JCA1
AG
AgLA06 said:

JCA1 said:

RogerFurlong said:

PIF entire goal through LIV was to dethrown PGA leadership. They now own them and control the future of golf .

Anything else is just spin to help you sleep at night.

You don't know that and I highly doubt it's accurate. If LIV had been successful and turned a profit, I suspect the PIF would be happy to stick with it as its investment. But it wasn't so we got the deal we got today. Which I'm happy about BTW because this will re-unify golf. Not sure why you think I'm unhappy.

Not sure what you're championing at this or even if you know anymore.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Not sure what you guys are specifically arguing about. Seems more like a pissing contest between the two of you..

Basically the PIF, proved they have unlimited resources, so they have the biggest dick.

The LIV tour failed to gain the interest they wanted to this point, the were not patient to wait to see if it could continue to develop the new league. Who knows, over time, it might have been successful or maybe it would have gone away. Don't know.

What we do know is that PIF has the most money and just showed the Americans who was boss. They have more money than they know what to do with and made a statement today that they can buy their way into whatever they want. Everyone has a price. And they have the money to prove it.
AgLA06
AG
PGAT doesn't care how many billions they are pissing away each year unless they are a threat. That's it.

All we heard from some was how unsuccessful the LIV was. How meaningless it was. Etc.

If that was true, this move wouldn't have happened. Because the PGAT would have just waited them out.

The ****ty PGAT leadership just sold their players down the river to secure their future because they were scared of the implications if they didn't. You don't make decisions like this sitting from a position of power. They sold their players and many on hear a bag of talking points for sympathy and a hope to turn everyone against their threat. It didn't work so now the hypocrites are getting what they can for themselves and taking a deal.

That's what this has been about to me since the beginning. Horrible PGAT leadership that has not looked out for the best interests of the players. It's why players will willing to listen to the Kingdom. It's why they were willing to take a large payday and risk being exiled from the PGAT and the record books.

So homeboy there can keep moving the goal posts, but my stance on this was clear from the beginning. This was about my anger with the PGAT leadership more than my like for LIV or the kingdom. They were hurting the PGAT and the game of golf. And I couldn't be more ecstatic that this could mean the head of the snake will be gone.
whisperingbill
Them PGA lawyers are siiiiiiiick tonight !!! You know they thought this would go on for years. They were pricing islands and Bugatti Sports cars.
ColoradoMooseHerd
They were not scared of implications in the future, unless you are talking about implications from a never-ending money source that is not worried about profitability.

The PIF is using Golf to Launder their reputations and their view in the world. The just showed that the PGA and Americans in general really only care about money. We can get on our high horses when it serves us best, but if someone is willing to open up their wallet and let their money talk. Americans will not turn it down.
Quote:

"I recognize everything that I've said in the past and my prior positions. I recognize that people are going to call me a hypocrite," Monahan said. "Anytime I said anything, I said it with the information that I had at that moment, and I said it based on someone that's trying to compete for the PGA Tour and our players. I accept those criticisms, but circumstances do change. I think that in looking at the big picture and looking at it this way, that's what got us to this point."

Jay Monahan got exposed big time. But without a doubt, he is probably now much, much richer than he ever imagined was possible. The PIF backed up a armored truck and basically said "how much is your great honor worth?"

He claimed that the information has changed. Yes, the number the PIF was willing to deposit into his bank account. The PIF has exposed him and he now has zero credibility after all his rhetoric the last two years.
AgLA06
AG
t - cam said:

Phil will in fact be a martyr when all is said and done. The PGA is going to have to cave to a lot of demands the players have.

First Page Refresh
Page 114 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.